Oregon 10al chain - what's it worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long are the spools, 25', 50', 100'? Bailey's has 50' rolls for about $170. If I wanted or needed it, I'd pay about half what a dealer wanted. I just checked 3/8 X.050 in general.

The old Oregon "10" chain was 1/2" pitch. I have a couple old Homelites that can use that now. I did a search for Oregon 10al and came up with 3/8 .050 Advanced Cut. That's about $170 for a 50' roll. If it's the old Oregon code "10" chain it's 1/2" pitch X .063, worth a bit more. If it's the old stuff I would be interested.

I have a friend that has several spools of Oregon 10al chain. He wants to know what it is worth. Any ideas?
If its Oregon 10L it's worth a lot as that would be 1/2 pitch chisel chain. I would be interested in a roll of you were planning to part with some. 10al might be harvester chain and would be worth far less. My 1957 oregon book doesn't list 10al it only has 10L

I just went back and entered the same info into a search and the new chain did not come up. All I can find is the old Oregon 1/2" pitch. So maybe it is the old stuff. Bob has this posted on a couple sites, so if it is the old stuff, it might disappear fast.

I have a friend that has several spools of Oregon 10al chain. He wants to know what it is worth. Any ideas?
Price is determined by supply and demand. If what he has is Oregon 10AL, that's 1/2 x .063 chisel chain, and is quite rare today, and desirable to collectors and racers. To be honest, it greatly depends on how he wants to sell it. Ebay will bring max dollar but there are fees for selling. Im guessing well north of 300.00 on a 25 foot roll. And I would be interested in a roll.

He used to race McCulloch saws many years ago and has several NOS spools if 10al chain. He is looking to sell it and would like to know eBay it is worth. This chain is 1/2" chisel chain.

20180810_152146_zpsmuyjtkvh.jpg

He also has a box full of repair links.

What is this stuff worth?

As was said above, north of $300 for a 25' roll. I think you would have a bidding war on ebay. Make sure you let us know if he puts it up, might try to team up with some friends to bid.

I sold a few rolls recently and got around 1.50 a driver on ebay. A few rolls of Stihl brand chain went for closer to $2.00

A 25ft roll would have 50 drivers?

Put a few on here and the "know it alls" claimed that was a ridiculous price.

I sold a few rolls recently and got around 1.50 a driver on ebay.

A 25ft roll would have 50 drivers?

Put a few on here and the "know it alls" claimed that was a ridiculous price.

You sold nos rolls of full chisel on eBay for $1.50 a DL? Can you point me to one of these closed auctions?

A 25' roll would have 300 drivers.

You sold nos rolls of full chisel on eBay for $1.50 a DL? Can you point me to one of these closed auctions?

A 25' roll would have 300 drivers.

Not sure how to find that.

Not sure how I figured 50, I just woke up a bit ago and brain wasn't awake fully.

Did a few lightly used loops as well, got .75 a driver for those. Have 3 or 4 more I found I need to list.

Not full chisel, the stuff I've found was sort of a semi chisel. Similar to .404 harvester chain.

Go to "selling" tab, then click on "sold". The history of what you've sold will show up. If you have more full chisel to sell, I'd be interested.

There is no "sold" under selling. Maybe on a computer, but I'm at home, computer is at the shop.

He used to race McCulloch saws many years ago and has several NOS spools if 10al chain. He is looking to sell it and would like to know eBay it is worth. This chain is 1/2" chisel chain.

20180810_152146_zpsmuyjtkvh.jpg

He also has a box full of repair links.

What is this stuff worth?
On Ebay I would guess around 600.00 a roll but that's just my prediction. And yes for one roll I would pay that.

Back