• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Oregon 72EXL chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I had a local timber faller come buy today looking for a medium amount of chain. He is found of the Oregon 72EXL and that is what he is looking for. I do not have that specific chain. I would like to help him out. It can be in 84 DL loops or 100ft reels. I am not looking for a whole bunch probably 300 feet or so

Well, buying individual premade loops at $20/ea is about $1000 for 100ft worth, so maybe it isnt so bad...
No sir it is not and and I wonder how you came up with that number. A fine gentleman posted a link to a 100 foot reel at $375. That reel has 1640 drivers and since I my friend needs 84 drive links that is 19 chains per reel. If he buys 19 loops at $20 that us exactly $380 per 100ft.. I have no idea where to come up with $1000

No sir it is not and and I wonder how you came up with that number. A fine gentleman posted a link to a 100 foot reel at $375. That reel has 1640 drivers and since I my friend needs 84 drive links that is 19 chains per reel. If he buys 19 loops at $20 that us exactly $380 per 100ft.. I have no idea where to come up with $1000
Math fail, corrected.

I used to buy regularly from Loggerchain as well. Then one day it seemed like all prices went up by 50% on their site. :-(

I did check their price before replying above.

I bought a huge amount of chain from Left Coast Supply but of course it was there huse brand and not the EXL that the gentleman is wanting. It is irrelevant though since it appears they are no longer in business.

Back