Oregon Cascades GTG Sept 21,22,23

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I've come out (as a beginning fiddler) in the Off The Topic forum, will anybody mind if I bring my fiddle? I'll try to practice softly and everybody will have ear protection, right?

And it is time to bump this back up.

Hi All

We need to bump this up to the front page.....Lots going on but you have to go to the FaceBook page to see it.
SlowP..... I'm throwing a guitar into the van and Ambull is going to come so you won't be a solo act!
If the gang from Phil's Saw Shop are coming, Look Out! They really are a great group and added a lot to both of our GTG's!
"T" and I are really looking forward to this GTG. Biggest problem is going to be picking what doz. or so saws to bring. ( mostly Husky's, couple of WT's, a Poulan or two, a Homelite, big Jonsereds and a Solo for Randy )...........Bob

Last edited:
Got A Little "Le Bayou" and

Motel reservations, more than a few saws are about ready :cool2: , put some new strings on an old guitar, and will be getting some comfort things together! :msp_tongue: However, I can't help but wonder why so little posting going on???
Should be another GREAT TIME....:D......Bob

maybe we should post some of the saws everyone will be bringing , so we can have a variety. i'll sitdown and and figure what i;m bringing.

I can bring Old Sparkless for you to run.

So, I have a lot of points. Can I make this a sticky? And how do I do it? I'm tired of reading instructions and manuals!

Great pun...... Sparkless - and points, lol.

Some short instructions for you to read Ms P....

I can bring Old Sparkless for you to run.

So, I have a lot of points. Can I make this a sticky? And how do I do it? I'm tired of reading instructions and manuals!

1)Highlight and copy the number at the end of the the stuff in your browser's address bar when you're on the first page of the thread. It's
202274 for this thread (go head and 'copy' it from here).

2)Click "Market" in the green Forum Transactions Market Garage Classifieds What's New? FAQ Guidlines bar above the posts in the thread. It's just below the annoying flashing banner ads....

3)Click "Market" from the list that will drop down.

4)Look for the "Forum Items" box on the left side of the page that comes up. Click "Threads".

5)Click "Stickie a thread".

6)Paste the number that you coppied (again.....202274 in this case) into the "enter the thread ID" box and click "purchase with points" (if you have at least 1000 points to spend).

It's just that easy.......:msp_wink:

Last edited:
Yeah, not going to be able to make this one. Yall should have set it up for Oct. Unless the lord decides to dump 2"+ of rain here in the next few weeks. Im still going to be held down by fire season.

I just stumbled into this thread this evening. Our 95-105 degree heat has fried my brain. I need to drive north and spend a few days cutting brush near Sprague River, OR before the cold weather sets in. The 21-23 Sep GTG near La Pine looks mighty doable for me.

I have a non-chainsaw male friend who wants to go camping and he also wants to get out of the heat. Fresh air, cool weather and good eats will do us good. I will be towing a 22' Alpenlite 5th wheel travel trailer.

I need directions from Hwy 97 to the GTG. I have cellphone and 2-meter amateur radio.

Unless the lord decides to dump 2"+ of rain here in the next few weeks. Im still going to be held down by fire season.

That's the only thing'll keep me away, too. Hard telling what it'll be like here in 3 weeks. We just went to "High" fire danger, even though it rained a bit yesterday. Won't take but a few days of sun and maybe a Foehn wind event to push us into "Extreme", and we're right by the Sound. Figure it's pretty crispy in Siskiyou country.

That's the only thing'll keep me away, too. Hard telling what it'll be like here in 3 weeks. We just went to "High" fire danger, even though it rained a bit yesterday. Won't take but a few days of sun and maybe a Foehn wind event to push us into "Extreme", and we're right by the Sound. Figure it's pretty crispy in Siskiyou country.

Yes sir I agree. Even though I really dont do much on my tender. Its still fire season here. We were in Extreme for a week, then dropped back down into High. Its been a cool summer here.

Back