Oregon catalog parts look up, Herr catalog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncinco

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have in my possession for a limited time a 1991 Oregon parts catalog / application guide. It has the bars, sprockets, chains, accessories, harvestor equipment, all listed out. I am hoping to copy it or scan and create a PDF for reference. When I scan it creates Word Docs, so I am not exactly sure how to create the PDF's in order to paste them.

If you have something I can look up for you, please let me know and I'll see what I can do. This goes by saw, as well as Oregon parts number.

I have about 100 clutch drum / sprockets (edited for, well times change), and this came in real handy finding some of them. I have also been looking up old info for old saws for old guys. OK maybe young guys with old saws, ya never know!

If anyone else has a newer guide, it sure would be nice to get some items looked up if you can. I see there is a guide on ebay now for sale from 2007, but I don't want to go spend more money.

I also have a Herr catalog from 1984 I think. It was handy as well to find a few weird items. Edit, just found a Windsor one too, I think its from 1984 as well.

Oregon does not keep their old catalog info, or will help you look up parts numbers. I suppose the only way to find that stuff is to find old dealers that have these catalogs and are willing to look them up for you or part with their stuff. These are on loan to me from one such guy. I have from 1985 to 1991, but most of the items are continued in each years new one.

Last edited:
John,

I have Oregon books from 1957, 1962,64,64,65,66,67,68, 1974,1976, 1982, 1984, and then they skip to the master catalog which is probably around 2003 or so. I probably have more years but I will have to look.

Bill

scanning

I have a HP scanner about six years old, I just recently discovered it would create a .pdf file by selecting scan to internet. It may be possible to create .pdf by options
in scanning software.

Thanks, I will give that a try with the scanner.
Bill I will PM with a few numbers I can not seem to find.

WSE you can not look up many of the older parts. They are only found in the old parts catalogs. Calling Oregon you wont get any help, they will not look up for you. Also you can not cross reference backwards, if you have the part, you can not find which saw it goes to. Its a nice site for modern saws though, but you need to go to the "professional" area to look up most of the parts, that makes no sense.

Thanks, I will give that a try with the scanner.
Bill I will PM with a few numbers I can not seem to find.

WSE you can not look up many of the older parts. They are only found in the old parts catalogs. Calling Oregon you wont get any help, they will not look up for you. Also you can not cross reference backwards, if you have the part, you can not find which saw it goes to. Its a nice site for modern saws though, but you need to go to the "professional" area to look up most of the parts, that makes no sense.

Sorry, Did not realize that! Guess my dealer function takes care of that us.

Nor from the 1950's.

Well I can find a few things in the 1950's

Here is the 1955, 1956 , and 1957 Oregon books.

168072d1294820747-oregon-books-1955-1957-jpg

Bill

Latest posts

Back