Oregon/tecomec bearing numbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I disassembled my Oregon 511a this evening, and with a squinty eyeball spied the numbers on the bearings.
Shaft side is a 6002z, and fan side is a 6201z
I just ordered both of them. It sure feels like the shaft side is a touch rough. Not going to be terrible to install, I will need to fetch the puller tho.
put it back together, and it would not go... Found the loose wire, fixed that, we are back in business! Reversing switch and all...
One thing I have learned this year with grinders... If the wheel is the least bit dirty it is "heating" the tooth. Keep it clean, and not only do ya produce a better (awsum?) sharpening, but it takes less time! Any glow is "way too much" and even better if you can not boil or "smoke" the oil that is on top of the cutter. Nice clean, means sharp and cool. I am gradually building a good reputation here for producing some really good sharpening. Sunday I went out and stuck a sharpened 28" on the 461 and started cutting with it... Yes, indeed this thing is cutting nicely :chainsaw:

It has been super busy at the store that the only way I can keep up with sharpening is to do it at home. You guys know the fun of grinding chain at 10pm...

Simmington time is coming!!
This winter I fully intend to get off my duff and LEARN this machine. I watched the video from Treeson (you guys are good!) and see a bunch of stuff I was not doing right, now to get the stone to the correct shape, and learn how to get a nice sharp chain!

Back