Outer bumper spike for Stihl 048av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6227

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Having recently worked over my old faithful 048 (carb diaphragm replace). Now runs like a new one. I have a hankerin now to add an outer bumper spike. I believe the number is 1117 664 0502. I thought finding one would be easy but having a little difficulty finding an oem one that I am sure will match the original inner one's size and height. I did find one on flea bay but not sure it's the right one. any ideas on where to find one of these? Thanks in advance.

https://oregonvyhne.sk/domains/7l8j90ep7a/my_files/Vkresy/Stihl_042AV_IPL.pdf
That’s the correct part. Those outers are long obsoleted, but it looks like you found one.

Inners are common to the 045 & 056 models #1115 664 0500, which matches that outer.
Thanks hotshot, for the parts pdf. Very handy. I did add the outer bumper to my saw now just need to get to work with it and try it out. Problem is energy to tote it. Not a young man any more but still able just not all day long lol. After reading some of the information here on the 048 I am considering replacing the supposed inferior crankcase fasteners although I have never had any trouble with them loosening I'm trying to decide if it would be wise to do. Anyway Thanks again

The 042/048 is a very unique saw and most all parts are NLA. Any parts you find should be considered a bonus. I wish I could find some master control/choke levers.

Bill

Back