Oven temp swings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLaine

Reaction score
Greetings to all,
I've found this site's chainsaw info the best yet. I heat with wood and it's a real thing here in Ontario.
My wife makes great cookies but the electric Bosch oven has about 50F degree swings. At 350, it will reach 400 and down to 300. Need less to say the cookies are not so good all the time.
I suspect the thermostat is a logic board and an oven sensor.
Is there anyway to adjust the swing to be smaller?
Taking the back off the oven and poking around is my next task, but I suspect the circuit board is dumb and if I buy a new one it will be dumb too.
If this keeps up I will rewire the oven with a PID control and solid state relays. But not a fun job but I can do it.

Thanks,

Dave

You can’t rely on those $6.98 oven thermometers they sell at supermarkets to measure accurately. I bought a new gas oven a year ago. Using a cheapo thermometer, it looked like it was running at least 25 degrees cooler than what the dial said.

A service person dropped by and put his very expensive thermometer’s sensor inside. He said it was best to let an oven cycle on/off a couple of times before measuring. We did and the thermometer measured 348 to 350, which was close enough to my 350 goal to call it accurate.

I then bought myself one of these: https://www.thermoworks.com/square-dot/

It also showed my oven was accurate.

One exceptionally vital thing NEVER to do is to use the self-cleaning function on any range with electronic boards or components. It will eventually fry them.

Latest posts

Back