Partner 370

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Partner stallwort

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi folks I would be very grateful for your help. In a backwater of thw UK is a random store that sells everything. Like wallmart kind of. About 25 years ago I bought a chainsaw because I needed to take care off some rabid Hazel trees that wouldn't die. In the end they became a constant source of firewood. And ive always kept the chain sharp and made sure I followed all the basic rules after finishing using it.

I came to use it this year on a rabid oak tree and it wouldnt start because a mouse had eaten the primer bulb. First time anythings gone tits up with it. Bodged with it with a rubber glove finger and uts good to go.

But I noticed the chain bowing as I looked down at the bar and its cutting in ridges not a smooth surface. After examining the chain which is also 25 years old i can see a few cutting teeth which are leaning out slightly and it wobbles about 7 mm or more in the bar slot. Took the bar off and it won't sit on its edge so its worn on one side. I may have flipped it at times but not often enough. It sits fine on the non cutting edge tho.
Anyway I decided a new bar and chain wouldn't hurt as I've certainly had my monies worth and that's where the problems began.

Nowhere has a partner 370 as a recognised model. Keep getting echo Cs 370. When the guy sold it me he said it was a mculloch in all but name and a Google search brings up the history with husquavanna but their site no longer works for partner serial number recognition and Ransom spares have no record of my models serial number. I know nothing about bars or chains other than the above so what now if anyone has a clue.

Machine serial number sticker states:
Partner made in USA
Type IV 01052D03575
Serial No. 530-053468

Bar has a stamp on it and states:
530-044607 AN
16 91

And that's all I can tell you. What new bar and new chain can I get. I'd prefer oregon as its easy for me to get. But I'll take what info you guys may have.

Hey Partner stallwort I looked on oregonproducts.com for bars and chains for your Partner 370 . All the bars listed were A041 mount .
I would guess that the drive sprocket needs replacing too .

A google search for a Partner 370 IPL showed a saw like my PP220 .

Hey Partner stallwort I looked on oregonproducts.com for bars and chains for your Partner 370 . All the bars listed were A041 mount .
I would guess that the drive sprocket needs replacing too .

A google search for a Partner 370 IPL showed a saw like my PP220 .
Hi and thank you.
Drive sprocket replacement advice ... is that because if the bar is knackered and the chain is knackered its good practice to replace the drive sprocket or .... i would need to to get a chain to fit it. Also I did look on the bar replqcement guide tool on oregon.com but it didn't have a partner 370 listed. 365 371 just mines missing. Wierd. My brother bought a named mculloch 10 years after me and he strolled into B&Q and bought a new chain for £4.00 in the sales when his snapped lol. I laughed at the time and now he's the one laughing.

If you look at the drive sprocket you'll probably see a groove worn where the chain drive links ride .
A sign of wear is that the chain does not run around the sprocket smoothly .

Your Partner 370 was listed in oregonproducts.com in the USA parts look up section .

If you look at the drive sprocket you'll probably see a groove worn where the chain drive links ride .
A sign of wear is that the chain does not run around the sprocket smoothly .

Your Partner 370 was listed in oregonproducts.com in the USA parts look up section .

OK yup ill look at drive sprocket.
As for oregon... it ain't there on mine.

20200729_204234.jpg

20200729_202030.jpg

I don't understand why you can't find a bar. I went to Amazon UK and found 9 bars in about a second and I just went to Google UK, the first site I clicked on had a bar for your saw.

1596052885557.png

Thank you Ronie. I think I have now found an oregon one on amazon. I just need to check that its compatible with my chainsaw. Amazon is not a reliable source in this regard. Finding a compatible chain will be easy after that.

Thanks all for your knowledgeable help. Terrific support here.
Glad you found one.

Well had a good look this morning and ive had a good look online at various repair vlogs and the drive sprocket is showing slight wear. Its an easy swap out if I can find a good replacement. But it'll do for this season if I cant. I'll post a photo of it as an example. But general opinion is that this is serviceable but replace when you can. Some I saw were almost cut through.
20200730_085738.jpg

Back