Partner 5000 plus professional

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainFinn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
first of all, id like to ask, am i the only one here, that ends up wondering, why the forum turns in to spanish(?) language....every here and now, when i stop by here, forum is in english and all the sudden... "posts te hoy"...." ligas rapidas".....and its not 100% spanish, as theres, like now..."rewards"...."currency" at the same time, when theres, in the same row, words like# calendario"....."iniciar discusion" :msp_mad::msp_confused:

Well, anyways. Today i got a basket with jonsered 455 and 525, that i quickly could tur into one runner. So its a 525 with 455´s starter and brake, and a crude muff mod, nothig nice, but a runner.

There was also an ugly yellow saw wreck. I have always been not liking the appearance of toyish Partners, with these pale gray plastics combined with snow plow yellow, and i donno...just not my thing....BUT, as usually, i searched through the web and herem whats this saw afterall, since words like "plus" and "professional", combined with the tag that i noticed, saying "electrolux"....made me bit curious.

View attachment 310358View attachment 310359View attachment 310360View attachment 310361View attachment 310362

I thought this is just something to reinforce concrete with, but i saw that you guys, atleast a good few of you, seem to give some value to 5000 Plus Professional...? am i rite ?

I noticed that the saws with closed port jugs, and with useful condition pistons, may be worth the time as well. So i put the wreck apart a bit, to see the cylinder it had hidden under that weird hat.

It is a closed port and it has a pretty dang nice piston, with moving ring, not much scratch marks at all, and gentle wire brush would clean the top easily. The cylinder walls were nice too, i dont think it has ever scorched / burnt or whatever. I have no clue, was it a runner, or just put awaw to make room and way for more modern saws at point. But the front handle was broken, as if it would been......resonated till that point that it broke, and its missing the clutch cover/brake assy, as well as the starter cover and pulley, but it i could turn the engine with drill, to see that theres a spark,as well. It may have intake leak but no visible evidence of that. The clutch is in decent condition but the chain sprocket has to be replaced.

What i was thinking.....

I could trade the c&p, as well as other lighter parts away to get an 262xp carb, a pocket knife, otr something but then again....since you fellows seem to thnk its not the worst saw ever built.....

Can anyone tell me, what parts i could possibly use from other partner-husky-jonsered models, that are on the smaller side ( since in scandinavia we still dont get those 50+cm3 saws that much) to make this a runner ?

Id need front handle bar, maybe the rear handle assy from some other saw, and the clutch cover and brake.

The muffler, by the way is annoying. Someone has used hex bolts there......so the nuts on the visible side of the saw, when i try to open em, only turn the whole bolt, and i think ill just use hacksaw to cut the bolts so i can get the muffler off the jug.

I still dont know, would this engine, combined to miscellanous parts , impress me so much ?

I am used for xp huskies and ulticor jonsereds, as well as ms260 and such, in about 50cm3 size, so id compare this old saw to em all the time.

Last edited:
The 5000 will run with the 50cc 346 and 5100 with 3/8 on all (thats how I measure a good 50cc saw, IF they got BALLS to pull 3/8) :D. 5000 will eat a 026 260 for lunch. They were and are good saws worth rebuilding. Weak link were their AV set up.

Yes what he said ,..you will have to spend a lot of money to buy a better saw than the 5000 I have 12 of them and have used nothing else since 1983.[/QUOTE

One issue, well sort of....is that Partners are concidered junk here, no matter what model, except some golden oldies from stoneage, when the point breakers were common.....and therefore, finding Partners own handles and such is like a needle in a haystack, thats why, my possible option is to find out, can i use some rear handle / front bar parts from jonsered (which model) to make this engine useful. I have to find some way to stsr the engine, and finding partners own starter is a problem, just like the clutch cover. As the engine is almost complete otherwise, i can only fit other brand parts to make it runner, or put it in parts and trade away em. In case anyone is interested in parts, let me know, shipping overseas aint a problem. And if you happen to know suitable jonsered parts, i am grateful to know about em as well, since i´d hate to dispose this and save just ignition,c&p, carb and muffler.

The 5000 will run with the 50cc 346 and 5100 with 3/8 on all (thats how I measure a good 50cc saw, IF they got BALLS to pull 3/8) :D. 5000 will eat a 026 260 for lunch. They were and are good saws worth rebuilding. Weak link were their AV set up.

Ye-up...what he said. I have a few and love to run them. I've been told that they take to mods like a fat kid to cheese fries. Compression is 185-190 on a healthy P/C.

Yes what he said ,..you will have to spend a lot of money to buy a better saw than the 5000 I have 12 of them and have used nothing else since 1983.[/QUOTE

One issue, well sort of....is that Partners are concidered junk here, no matter what model, except some golden oldies from stoneage, when the point breakers were common.....and therefore, finding Partners own handles and such is like a needle in a haystack, thats why, my possible option is to find out, can i use some rear handle / front bar parts from jonsered (which model) to make this engine useful. I have to find some way to stsr the engine, and finding partners own starter is a problem, just like the clutch cover. As the engine is almost complete otherwise, i can only fit other brand parts to make it runner, or put it in parts and trade away em. In case anyone is interested in parts, let me know, shipping overseas aint a problem. And if you happen to know suitable jonsered parts, i am grateful to know about em as well, since i´d hate to dispose this and save just ignition,c&p, carb and muffler.

Jonsered 490 and 590 parts will fit the 500 and 5000 Partners. I have both series and some are using swapped parts making them yellow and red but still great running saws.

Jonsered 490 and 590 parts will fit the 500 and 5000 Partners. I have both series and some are using swapped parts making them yellow and red but still great running saws.

yeah, its all the same to me how the saw would LOOK like, colours of parts arent an issue, as its still an yellow mostly, and i happen to love saws with orange , and sometimes red, even white :D, but yellow isnt on my hot-list :cool2:

I do know one box with pencil drawn 490 / 520, ill have to check whats there that i could possibly use. If i dont find useful stuff ill get rid of this basket case and stick with huskys and jonsereds

Today i got hold of another Partner...i thought, when i saw it at the barn corner, that its the 5000 too...but it was 5500. It has windowed piston with scratches but it can be saved, for a bit more "rat" saw definetely. The cylinder was non-mahle but looked like 5000 cyl. Cylinder is in pretty nice condition, a closed port one, and has acast mark resembling $ , i dont know a thing about these sawsm excuse me. But it sure has a bigger bore than 5000 has.

In the same box was also a 5000 pro´s closed port cylinder but its blown, the cast between two ports is cracked due to the piston wrist pins locking ring was broken and jammed between cyl and piston, who knows...man was i disappointed to see that..

The 5500 looked to have an good front handle bar but it was broken too and fixed with rivets and a metal plate....works yes, looks awful too.

There was the black plastic plate as well, the one you put between engine and recoil cover, and a good condition muffler, that was a plus. What else....two different yellow plastic parts that bolt in to air cleaner and have the choke in em, they are both different, one has blue switch in it, and other nothing.

The best thing was a clutch cover. its without brake lever and brake rim, but the plastics are in user-condition, dirty and scratched but still.

I was lookign for a jonsered 490 parts suitable for this but i didnt find a single piece that i could have identified as a 490 part. Bad.

But with a same hunt, i found broken (?) 444 husky andsome 254,and basket of nos partner parts that i have to find out more about. Nothing much but small boxes with even smaller stuff in em :msp_razz:

So, i think, ill be tossing the Partner parts to local collector, and keep the 5000+pro´s cylinder and piston, and bolt em in to my husky 55 :rock:

:heart::chainsaw:

yeah, its all the same to me how the saw would LOOK like, colours of parts arent an issue, as its still an yellow mostly, and i happen to love saws with orange , and sometimes red, even white :D, but yellow isnt on my hot-list :cool2:

I do know one box with pencil drawn 490 / 520, ill have to check whats there that i could possibly use. If i dont find useful stuff ill get rid of this basket case and stick with huskys and jonsereds

The 520 is Jonsereds own (not so good) design, and very different from the P5000/490. :msp_wink:

Today i got hold of another Partner...i thought, when i saw it at the barn corner, that its the 5000 too...but it was 5500. It has windowed piston with scratches but it can be saved, for a bit more "rat" saw definetely. The cylinder was non-mahle but looked like 5000 cyl. Cylinder is in pretty nice condition, a closed port one, and has acast mark resembling $ , i dont know a thing about these sawsm excuse me. But it sure has a bigger bore than 5000 has.

Sounds like a KolbenSchmidt cylinder, they are marked With a K and an S superimposed on each other. They are first rate cylinders. :msp_smile:

Sounds like a KolbenSchmidt cylinder, they are marked With a K and an S superimposed on each other. They are first rate cylinders. :msp_smile:

Yep, thats it then, Kolbenschmidt....aint it derived from word "piston smith" maybe :) ?

I am glad that now i know that i can use 55 husky, with the 5000+ c&p, so i dont have to stress about finding any weird old jonsereds, nor chicken yellow partners :alien2:

Yep, thats it then, Kolbenschmidt....aint it derived from word "piston smith" maybe :) ?

I am glad that now i know that i can use 55 husky, with the 5000+ c&p, so i dont have to stress about finding any weird old jonsereds, nor chicken yellow partners :alien2:

If you can get a chicken yellow part on your Husky,..That will be the best part of the husky ! ha ha.

first of all, id like to ask, am i the only one here, that ends up wondering, why the forum turns in to spanish(?) language....every here and now, when i stop by here, forum is in english and all the sudden... "posts te hoy"...." ligas rapidas".....and its not 100% spanish, as theres, like now..."rewards"...."currency" at the same time, when theres, in the same row, words like# calendario"....."iniciar discusion"
I don't know jack about Partner saws, but.... if you go down to the very bottom of the page on the left you will see a box to change it to English.

ChainFinn, While your here, look at that decal in this photo that is from the top of my Partner 5500.

I was told that this decal is in 3 different languages, Finnish, Danish and Swedish.

Can you tell if one of them are in fact Finnish?

attachment.php

ChainFinn, While your here, look at that decal in this photo that is from the top of my Partner 5500.

I was told that this decal is in 3 different languages, Finnish, Danish and Swedish.

Can you tell if one of them are in fact Finnish?

attachment.php

Yep, the right box says "käytä kuulosuojaimia" as "use ear protectors" in Finnish.

Använd hörselskydd, is in Swedish and Bruk horselven is in Danish. The word "kesko" is the importer.

Kesko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "tsh 3299" part stands for Työ-Suojelu-Hallitus as ....work-protection-departement/office. and the numbers are referring to their regulation numbers that are linked to the particular saw.

Back