Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snagged a P70 off evilbay. Nice clean old duffer. Got it running without much trouble. [emoji4]

Previously the only Partner I had was an R16.

Ordered a piston kit from Little Red Barn. The comp was low(ish) at 130.

Can someone furnish crank seal numbers?
Chicago Rawhide? Or ?

Snagged a P70 off evilbay. Nice clean old duffer. Got it running without much trouble. [emoji4]

Chicago Rawhide? Or ?
Carl, get ahold of Mark. I bet he'll know.

Chicago Rawhide? Or ?
Check me on this but very common crank seals used on these. 505275715
I used them on all the smaller cc in this same series.

IPL http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Partner P70.pdf

I almost bought a p70 from eBay. It’s the only partner I’m missing. I have the 40 cc, 50 cc, 55 cc, 85 cc, 90 cc and 100 cc. I have no clue why I do this must be a Swede thing. My son has the Jreds .

0d5d606d3be78579533864267cbed75b.jpg

cc3292bb5b56ab1fa63cc03e4f688ff7.jpg

P70, new piston kit from Lil Red Barn, seals and NOS 22” roller nose bar. 3/8” x 8 tooth rim drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up my first Partner a couple weeks back,...an S50 for ten male tawney goats. Only changed some fuel line and breather with some scraps/used pieces I had on hand. Serviced the oil pump also,.....oils good!

Put a new 18" .05 3/8 GB titanium and a chain I put together (actual 18.25" from the bumper/dog). Came with a nice Sandvik 16" .058 and new chain. Put a rim sprocket on also.

Split the mostly open muff and modded some, welded back together. Nice.

Blows 155# on my gauge and runs strong.

Whats not to like about these saws,...12# 55cc powerhead dry, simple construction/easily serviced......LIKE!

Seems I have a thing for yellow and black....

Debating dropping the jug and mild port...

Picked up my first Partner a couple weeks back,...an S50 for ten male tawney goats. Only changed some fuel line and breather with some scraps/used pieces I had on hand. Serviced the oil pump also,.....oils good!

Put a new 18" .05 3/8 GB titanium and a chain I put together (actual 18.25" from the bumper/dog). Came with a nice Sandvik 16" .058 and new chain. Put a rim sprocket on also.

Split the mostly open muff and modded some, welded back together. Nice.

Blows 155# on my gauge and runs strong.

Whats not to like about these saws,...12# 55cc powerhead dry, simple construction/easily serviced......LIKE!

Seems I have a thing for yellow and black....

Debating dropping the jug and mild port...
....and how nice would a 65cc jug and piston be on this saw....yikes!

Full disclosure...I also went through the carb and had to straighten the adjuster screw. Took some of the dog leg out of the throttle linkage to get WOT. Just painted the clutch cover.....

Husybill what are your thoughts on the Partner sawsI think they were well designed good running saws.
Kash
There’s a Swedish logger for decades who used partner saws, I figure anything swedish is good. I been piling them up someday I’ll restore them.

Howdy partners, is this an A55? They all look so darn similar, I am not graced with markings.. Where can I search by "vin number"?

Pretty cool saw, need a bunch of parts for it but it was free at the dump
IMG_20210830_175906.jpg

It was Covered in oil and it's leaking out of a pinhole that has a dowel pin in it... Really strange. Also it had caught fire, looks like the fuel line leaked and started it off.
You wouldn't believe how screwed the bar was,.. worse than my father's saws who says "don't touch my bar you'll scratch the paint off"; Honestly, caught fire, covered in oil but the reason they threw it away was probably "it just won't cut" xD
IMG_20210830_164823.jpg
Below right side intake, 1/8" hole leaking bar oil...? Is this a Partner thing, anyone else have this? V
IMG_20210830_144654.jpg
IMG_20210830_191411_compress10.jpg
Anybody? A55, right? I can't wait to start it, needs thyristor, fuel line/vent, cylinder shield, bar nuts, chain guard, spark, I'll make custom wiring, ... Compression was 130 I'm gonna run it unless it doesn't pass leak down test, which I am still fabricating

Latest posts

Back