Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deaerating the oil container in the right crankcase is, in my opinion, a design defect, after some 15 years in newer models, the same vent has already been placed in the left crankcase, which slightly reduced the number of leaks

Welp, I discovered it is a 65cc and I'm now fairly certain, unless this is a pieced-together saw, that it is in fact a F65A Farmer. Definitely leaking bar oil into crankcase by the look of this white goo all over the bottom end. That, the electronics/fuel line fire, and bad scoring = Repairs Needed. Serial number 1239435 if anyone cares to confirm. Can I run a 24" bar?

Welp, I discovered it is a 65cc and I'm now fairly certain, unless this is a pieced-together saw, that it is in fact a F65A Farmer. Definitely leaking bar oil into crankcase by the look of this white goo all over the bottom end. That, the electronics/fuel line fire, and bad scoring = Repairs Needed. Serial number 1239435 if anyone cares to confirm. Can I run a 24" bar?
To me looks most like an r420 with a farmer top cover. The f65a farmer was all black with the yellow top as was typical of their other 'semi pro' models.
Both were good strong running saws.
I don't believe you can tell the year, or much of anything on these really, from the serial numbers...

Magnus's has a list where we write the serial number, model and year, so you can compare it with your number /The one closest to your number is R420T 1974-78 / They wrote that during the production of this model there was a change of the cylinder cover to a plastic one .Or R421T 1975-79

I have 65cc and 70cc cubes, a 24 "guide bar in wood, so I recommend a skip chain / The full chain is max 20 "

Here is my latest acquisition. Got it for $80.
6fd932a6ba159c1bfdd92fe4872d86fd.jpg

e2b4649c2496ffb89bde71946c2756f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello friends, my name is Andrea, I write from Italy and this is my first message on this beautiful forum.
I have 2 Partner chainsaws: a P55 from 1979 and a P100 Super from 1982 that I am restoring.
Here are some photos:

301220121257.jpg
P100_3.jpg

I need a courtesy from a P100 owner: a photo of the choke lever.
The small metal rod that connects the button with the carburetor.
Unfortunately in my P100 it broke and had been modified.
Now I have to rebuild it and I need to know roughly what form it should have.
Thanks in advance to those who will help me !!!
Andrea

I'd have to look to be sure but if I'm not mistaken it's the same as the one on your p55 or most any of the other toasters...

Attachments

• IMG_5840.JPG
    IMG_5840.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5839.JPG
    IMG_5839.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 16
Thank you so much wcorey, really very kind!
Your photos are very useful because they show exactly how it must be done on the P100 Super.
In this photo some of my attempts to rebuild it.
The first is the original broken but, as you can see, it doesn't look like yours ... it had been modified.

Leva starter 1.jpg

Today I managed to build one that works ... but not very well...

Now I can try to do it the right way again

That zig zag bend is where it is to be able to get around, rather than under, the air cleaner/housing, which I notice is not present on yours.
On the (similar) k1200 chop saws the air cleaner is different and doesn't get in the way so it's just a straight wire between the lever and carb.
So the shape is somewhat dependent on what you'll use for a filter.
Have you tried the linkage from your p55?

Hi Bill,
you're right ... here are some photos with the air filter.

Leva starter 4.jpg

Leva starter 5.jpg

As you can see the filter is cut at an angle on the right side to pass the lever, and the lever that I made passes well. Maybe I'll leave it that way ... since it works.
I hadn't thought of making a comparison with P55 because I thought they were different, but in fact they both have the same Tillotson HS 172B carburettor and the same handle ... so it's possible they are identical!
Thanks again for the support.

Hi Bill,
you're right ... here are some photos with the air filter.

View attachment 929940

View attachment 929941

As you can see the filter is cut at an angle on the right side to pass the lever, and the lever that I made passes well. Maybe I'll leave it that way ... since it works.
I hadn't thought of making a comparison with P55 because I thought they were different, but in fact they both have the same Tillotson HS 172B carburettor and the same handle ... so it's possible they are identical!
Thanks again for the support.
My saw is an older non super p100 and the air cleaner setup is different, somewhat smaller and the front half clips on the the back that’s then screwed in place on the carb. So it’s very possible your op rod is different.

In fact, here is the starter of the P55: you can see that it is identical to yours.

starter P55 3.jpg

starter P55 1.jpg

starter P55 2.jpg

Given the different shape of the filter, I believe that the lever of the P100 super is slightly different. However, the one I built works ... not very well because in the push phase it tilts slightly, but it works and I think I'll leave it like that for the moment. Thanks!

How do you tell what model partner saw it is when the decals are missing? One ripped decal says ignitron, it’s a toaster saw.

Back