Partner Chainsaw Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also do not know which guides fit less, and due to the lack of the original ones, I have several different ones and each has differences and other assembly markings, and yet they fit better or worse. earlier I put pics of all of them together

on the older guides there were assembly markings that you will not meet now / this is not a contour, but rather a shift of the holes of both the tensioner and the oil hole

I got the S55 all fixed up and it runs great!

I am having an issue with the new bar, maybe someone can give me some advice. I read that Partners use large Husky mounts, so that is what kind of bar I ordered. The old bar had two sets of hole that the chain adjuster can align with. One set of holes and one set of slots actually. The new bar only has a set of holes but they match the forward position holes in the old bar. The old bar used the rearward positioned slots. To use the forward holes, I have to move the chain adjuster to almost the end of its travel. The bar says it needs 68 drive links on the chain so that is the chain I bought. I'm afraid that as the chain stretches I will run out of adjustment. I'm thinking about ordering a 67 drive link chain to move the adjuster back to the middle of the travel. Anyone see any problems with this? The last picture shows the chain adjuster position with a brand new chain.

View attachment 945501

View attachment 945504

View attachment 945505
My 2 bits, you need a Partner-mount bar, like so:

Cool isn’t it. Man I have a R12
From a country that makes the finest military 6.5 mm mausers in the world.

I came across this Partner R16. Points ignition and all. Doesn't run really good. It has been mostly used in the past to cut ice and started acting up. A friend of mine is working on it to get it going again. He tried testing the crank seals if those would leak, but couldn't get the crank case to hold any pressure. He found out that under the clutch basket needle bearing there is a hole in the crank that goes all the way through the crank to the case and leaks all pressure out. Does anyone know if that is actually supposed to be there? Has it lost a plug of some sort? For what I know about two strokes it sounds really weird that there is a hole in th crank case. All I could figure out is some kind of a lubrication hole, but that is a major leak as well. It's in the region of 3 mm in diameter.

Attachments

• partner1_800x600.jpg
    partner1_800x600.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 8
  • partner2_800x600.jpg
    partner2_800x600.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 8
Yes that is a lubrication hole and yes it will leak pressure, but it is a controlled leak.

I don't mess around taking time to bother with pressure/vac test on saws that old, I consider it a waste of time.

The saw is old and the seals are deteriorated already, at least to some degree. Just change the seals and be done with it.

I did seals on my R16 not too long ago and it like any other Partner I have done used standard metric seals. I looked and it seems I neglected to write down the seals I used on it, but I believe they used the same 15x26x7mm seals I do have written down for the P70 etc.

Ok, thanks. It seems a bit weird that the saw can idle at all with a hole like that. But I guess it has enough cc to keep pumping anyway.
I was also thinking if originally there would have been just a bushing for the clutck basket and someone would have replaced that with a needle bearing, but I found an exploded view and it seems that the the needle bearing has been there since new.

We will see if the saw keeps on living.

Hi, I have a line on a couple Partner fixer uppers. One S55 and one F55. I don't really want the F55. What do you guys thnk I should ask assuming it just needs cleaned up. T

Back