PHC liability

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haplo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Do you have clients sign a waiver before applying fertilizer or other treatments? Have you ever been blamed for killing a tree after a failed treatment?

No.

No.

Document what you are applying. Understand the big picture. Did you kill a tree with fertilizer? It is certainly possible. Or was the tree in advanced decline before you treated it? Is that something that should have been noticed before treatment?

Ok so you would make note of the advanced decline in the diagnosis before applying any treatment.

I'm thinking about a hypothetical situation where you don't kill the tree but are blamed for it. So detailed documentation is enough to cover yourself from liability because you note the conditions and chances of success etc?

If the tree is in rough shape and I don't think it will make it, I'll try to talk the client out of treating. Sometimes they want to try anyhow. If I think it stands a chance, I'll give them options but set low expectations in the quote.

I'm not saying what can or cannot cover liability if they want to take it to court...but information would seem to be key!

Back