Picking a bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my smaller 60cc/70cc saws I use 16”/18” bars 3/8” full chisel 72lp.
On the 40/50 cc it’s 325 lg.
I used 16”/18” bars with full chisel 404” on my 2100 on my other 2101 I used a 24” bar.

Lots of 20 inch suggestions. I get it and usually agree. The post was about trying to make a longer bar work on a 64cc saw for a safer experience. Some post clearly understand what I was asking and just have an opinion that it will not work. Thank you for that and Im not being sarcastic. Trying to think outside the box or outside the usual norms are how we help each other. As I said above, I will run a 25inch simi skip.

Thanks. Jason.

Lots of 20 inch suggestions. I get it and usually agree. The post was about trying to make a longer bar work on a 64cc saw for a safer experience. Some post clearly understand what I was asking and just have an opinion that it will not work. Thank you for that and Im not being sarcastic. Trying to think outside the box or outside the usual norms are how we help each other. As I said above, I will run a 25inch simi skip.

Thanks. Jason.
Just go full skip, normally I find it's easier to get ahold of then semi skip and cutting performance isn't going to hurt all that much.

Thanks. Jason.

If you want to try a 28- go get a 28 and do what YOU want to do, not what others do.
If the saws oiler can keep up and you are not burying the bar in dry hardwood every cut, restrict the amount of chain in the cut to about half- essentially you are "running" about the same as an 18 inch bar fully loaded!
I agree with Sean, especially if you do go 28, just go full skip.

Latest posts

Back