Pioneer 600 Clutch Shoes Needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Mullen

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

We recently acquired a Pioneer 600 which needs clutch shoes. One is broken, one has been repaired (but looks questionable) and one is intact. The rest of the clutch parts look serviceable/fine.

I found one shoe on eBay, but would prefer a set if possible. If anyone has these shoes, please let me know and reach out.

Also need an oil cap. I purchased one from eBay and they sent me a fuel cap instead. The bottom half of the oil cap was still threaded into the tank - so for now we rigged a wing nut and it works pretty well.

As an aside, the saw has good compression and lots of blue spark. We cleaned/gapped the points, rebuilt the Tilly, blew out the tank, cleaned out the sediment trap, installed a new fuel filter and fuel lines, dropped in a new spark plug - and she fired right up.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Pioneer 600 Clutch #1.jpg
    Pioneer 600 Clutch #1.jpg
    952.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Pioneer 600 Clutch #2.jpg
    Pioneer 600 Clutch #2.jpg
    812.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Pioneer 600 Oil Cap.jpg
    Pioneer 600 Oil Cap.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 5
You're in luck with the clutch. Pioneer upgraded that with a more modern, single spring type. Many of their saws use it--NU17, 450, 650. My RA IPL calls it out as a superceded part number.

This will work for your complete assembly. Same deal for the oil cap. Many of their saws use the same part.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CLUTCH-FOR...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Thank you so much! You guys are the best - ordering now. Looking forward to doing a bit of bucking with the old gal.

Back