Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently picked up a Pioneer model 450 in really good condition except for the fact it is missing all of the primer components.What are my chances of finding the required parts and where would be a good place to start looking?

As far as I can determine I don't think the parts you reference are for this saw.A big ask but I need everything as per fig1-4 of the ipl.The previous owner for whatever reason removed all components associated with the primer.I assume he primed the saw through the sight glass hole as the glass is also missing.The saw is in great condition so I would like to have it complete before I hang it on the wall.i'll put up some pics when my son is around to assist me.

That pic above is of the correct oil primer pump assy . l understand now you would like some parts for the fuel primer assy.
l do have some of those new parts but maybe not all. l will have to take a harder look and get back to ya.

As far as I can determine I don't think the parts you reference are for this saw.A big ask but I need everything as per fig1-4 of the ipl.The previous owner for whatever reason removed all components associated with the primer.I assume he primed the saw through the sight glass hole as the glass is also missing.The saw is in great condition so I would like to have it complete before I hang it on the wall.i'll put up some pics when my son is around to assist me.

l have some 426831 sight glass and some 426826 fuel filter primer. Pm me if your interested .
l remember a old post you were looking for new condensers for a iel model HC saw. part # 425373.
l do have some .

Guess what I smiled biggest over on this pick up.
;)

pioneercover.jpg

So I hit a bit of a snag In my project. Im getting rough running at high rpms. Im pretty sure it’s spark related. If you put it in some wood you can feel it cutting in and out. It still has the points. I cleaned and re gapped them to 0.015”. I tried a new plug as well. Any thoughts. I plan to start it in the dark to see if the high tension lead is grounding out. Also plan to disconnect the kill wire see if that helps. What are the chances the coils gone bad?

It runs kinda like this guy

That’s a shorted condenser on the YT Stihl 031, pattern failure on those saws.

Have you got a capacitor test meter to check yours? or a meter tested “known good” condenser to swap out? Should be about 0.15 microF.

Also check your plug wire for splits or rub outs, plus look for arcing while it’s running at dusk.

Latest posts

Back