Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My grandpa's old saw, just pulled out of storage after 20 years. Had some issues with the recoil start, but fixed with some digging here. When I was a little and had to cut wood with him, we could never touch this saw. I recently moved to some acreage and needed a saw for the first time in my life. You bet your ass I used this thing for the first time in 40 years of drooling. Want to keep it going and daily it if possible. Thanks for being a friendly source.

Attachments

• PXL_20220104_195101679.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220104_195101679.MP.jpg
    18.4 MB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20220104_195045536.jpg
    PXL_20220104_195045536.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
My grandpa's old saw, just pulled out of storage after 20 years. Had some issues with the recoil start, but fixed with some digging here. When I was a little and had to cut wood with him, we could never touch this saw. I recently moved to some acreage and needed a saw for the first time in my life. You bet your ass I used this thing for the first time in 40 years of drooling. Want to keep it going and daily it if possible. Thanks for being a friendly source.
@JonnyTHM;
At the bottom of both of your posts should be an edit option (it is; was time-sensitive. If you decide to change it please act quickly).
You can, if you desire remove one of the photos and delete the second post.
Welcome to the Arboristsite. I have a Farm saw I bought in late 1979 or early 1980. It has treated me well. Good luck with yours.

@pioneerguy600;
I really dislike the changes that the Arborist Site has made of late!!!
1. If I'm not following a thread I don't want it in my inbox!
2. This is my first post since the upgrade(?), what a cluster to quote a post and damned near impossible to edit before I can reply as I am accustomed!
Lou
It appears PogoInTheWoods is in agreement!

If the changes were to raise the ArborSite post count/view numbers I think what has been done will do just the opposite!!!

You win ArboristSite... All posts from you now go directly into my trash!
I wasn't kidding about all the extraneous BS NOT going into my inbox!
How does that help your advertisement rate?

Does anyone else feel like PMing current ArboristSite advertisers? Maybe that will make the right people wake up and smell the coffee!!!

You win ArboristSite... All posts from you now go directly into my trash!
I wasn't kidding about all the extraneous BS NOT going into my inbox!
How does that help your advertisement rate?

Does anyone else feel like PMing current ArboristSite advertisers? Maybe that will make the right people wake up and smell the coffee!!!
Lou, contact the site owners. It does no good randomly posting your problems in a thread like this. A moderator can not change how the site software works or not for an individual.

Lou, contact the site owners. It does no good randomly posting your problems in a thread like this. A moderator can not change how the site software works or not for an individual.
Thanks for the reply, Jerry. My Email worked as it should and notification of your post did not appear. Neither will/did all the BS that apparently your IT person thinks I should be bombarded with.
If the site owners cared or were properly vigilant this crap would not be happening.
Maybe once advertisers/sponsors tire of me and others complaining about the current practice the owners will stop/dismiss the genius that dreamed this crap up!!! Thanks for the sponsor listing; It makes that task pretty easy.

I spent 20 years, 2 months, and 27 days where the President of the United States (POTUS) was in my chain of command. The only way I could have utilized that person and not received retribution for doing so would have been to attempt a solution through every person in the chain between the POTUS and myself.
I did post a complaint about current Arborist Site practices where the IT person could/should have seen my complaint and NOTHING CHANGED.
If one of my subordinates complained to me about something beyond my control I would have directed/introduced them to the next person in their chain. Please provide me with an email for the next person in your chain. TIA

Thanks for the reply, Jerry. My Email worked as it should and notification of your post did not appear. Neither will/did all the BS that apparently your IT person thinks I should be bombarded with.
If the site owners cared or were properly vigilant this crap would not be happening.
Maybe once advertisers/sponsors tire of me and others complaining about the current practice the owners will stop/dismiss the genius that dreamed this crap up!!! Thanks for the sponsor listing; It makes that task pretty easy.

I spent 20 years, 2 months, and 27 days where the President of the United States (POTUS) was in my chain of command. The only way I could have utilized that person and not received retribution for doing so would have been to attempt a solution through every person in the chain between the POTUS and myself.
I did post a complaint about current Arborist Site practices where the IT person could/should have seen my complaint and NOTHING CHANGED.
If one of my subordinates complained to me about something beyond my control I would have directed/introduced them to the next person in their chain. Please provide me with an email for the next person in your chain. TIA
There is no chain of command here, this is not a military run site. The site owners are the only ones that can help you, I do not have their eMail. Contact Arbor1 through this site, I will make it easy for you, click on the following, @Arbor1

Where did you post? And were you as calm and collected as you seem to be now? LOL There is a very simple solution to your problem. Holler louder!

Actually, Lou, there were some obvious bumps during the last upgrade and most have been ironed out. I had a couple of issues and posted about them. I received a prompt response from what seems to be a very friendly, patient and capable new site admin.

The thread (and your solution) are here should you care to read it. Otherwise, just kill the newsletter feed and it all goes away except what you have selected to watch and receive. Pretty easy stuff if you take the time to think on your own.

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/site-improvements.355368/

Where did you post? And were you as calm and collected as you seem to be now? LOL There is a very simple solution to your problem. Holler louder!

Actually, Lou, there were some obvious bumps during the last upgrade and most have been ironed out. I had a couple of issues and posted about them. I received a prompt response from what seems to be a very friendly, patient and capable new site admin.

The thread (and your solution) are here should you care to read it. Otherwise, just kill the newsletter feed and it all goes away except what you have selected to watch and receive. Pretty easy stuff if you take the time to think on your own.

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/site-improvements.355368/
I always try to be calm when interacting with most people (My wife might disagree with that).
Highlighting subordinates' mistakes and taking the time to demonstrate the correct way always paid dividends. Probably a large part of why I had MSgt (E7) on my sleeve in 13 years. I likely would have retired a Chief Master Sergent (E9) had I developed a taste for kissing buts! I was amazed at the politics in the top two enlisted ranks. I believe a large part of me making rank was because of the people working for me and I fought tooth and nail to ensure the quantity of BS was evenly shared amongst all of the specialties and that my charges didn't get more than their fair share.

I've looked high and low and cannot find this wonderous page; exactly where is this preference page. I'd like to choose a bunch of those options!!! Why is it hidden? IMO It should be available with every post anyone makes. And prevalently pasted and available where EVERYONE can find/utilize it at any time!!!

just finished Pioneer 750 rebuild

Attachments

• 5EF29038-657D-43DF-9872-86CBADF60E48.jpeg
    5EF29038-657D-43DF-9872-86CBADF60E48.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 38D27B97-E3AB-4A14-9918-AA8D7D04B9C8.jpeg
    38D27B97-E3AB-4A14-9918-AA8D7D04B9C8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 9D522B89-69B5-45D7-8D3F-26FD8594F529.jpeg
    9D522B89-69B5-45D7-8D3F-26FD8594F529.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • DA0C6CB0-0F3A-490C-BB03-F208EF9AE1DF.jpeg
    DA0C6CB0-0F3A-490C-BB03-F208EF9AE1DF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • D801BC80-1A8C-4FB5-AC78-1441C031297E.jpeg
    D801BC80-1A8C-4FB5-AC78-1441C031297E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Looking good. I really like the look of these old pioneers. Def gonna start trying to collect some older pieces to clean up and get running. New to the saw world but man is it interesting. Love the history and technology that went into these guys. After I got the farmsaw running I made a deal with the wife, every new goat she gets, I get a new saw. We shall see what comes, I'd like to find a 600 series to start off with. Still very green at working on saws.

Looking for a new 24" bar for the farmsaw, would like to put something on without modifications. Any of you guys want to part with or know where I can source a good bar for this? I know I could modify a D009 mount, but I'd like to keep it as close to original as I can. Thanks in advance.

Good morning Jonny;
I have a 24-inch bar for my Farmsaw that the gent that cared for her found and if modified he did that too.
It's An Oregon 240---D196 Below that is 8796 HT (serial number?)
A dime fits the groove and a penny won't so it's likely an 050 and takes 81 drive links.
When I fitted my Husqvarna 359 with a 24" bar I bought one with 81 drive links.
HTH
Lou
Long long ago my Farmsaw with a twenty-inch bar was my only saw. I got her stuck in a standing tree and the above gent freed her. For a very long time sharpening chains, tuning her up, whatever was necessary was delegated to that gent. I thought it only fair. That stopped when he or one of his employees ground a brand new chain cutter link half away. It had an odd number of cutters and he didn't pay attention when sharpening and ground away ½ of at least one cutter and then ground them all so that the mistake was hidden.
Don't tell anyone but I've done that at least once myself with one exception. I stopped at one link and did not grind away an entire chain.

Back