Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to try it.
attachment.php

Even closer as I actually live in Sebringville. Small world. Where did you purchase your chain grinder?
I purchased my grinder in London, at Cutter's Choice. I sharpen Chains here, for $2.00 to $3.00 a chain, and a complete Chain Saw service for $20.00.
That with taking shrouds off, clutch side, and removal of the clutch and bearing, and flywheel side, thoroughly cleaning the saw with compressed air, cleaning air filter, greasing clutch bearing, and thoroughly inspecting the saw all over, and making sure everything is in working order. I even machine the bar edges, and inspecting the bar, for damage, and chain sharpening is included in that price, as well. If your interested in this , I'm in the Sebringville part of the phone book. Thanks. Bruce. P.S. your right a Small World!

I had a half dozen of my vintage Pioneers out to cut some wood today. The 600,610 ,620 super and 650 from the 600 series and a450 + a model HA. I will have some picts up soon. Pioneerguy600

I had a half dozen of my vintage Pioneers out to cut some wood today. The 600,610 ,620 super and 650 from the 600 series and a450 + a model HA. I will have some picts up soon. Pioneerguy600

I dont know about you, but I enjoy seeing old equipment at work. I have 4 Tractors from the 60's. My new tractor is a 67. This new fang led bangled new plastic crap, I don't like.
Glad to hear that you had your out today. I finally got my Bel Saw Circular Saw Blade Grinder, set up today, and gotten my Buss Saw blade sharpened. It was in a real mess, from somebody prior trying to sharpen it. almost all the angles and pitch was wrong. Took me 6 passes to get the whole blade in good condition. Bruce.

I dont know about you, but I enjoy seeing old equipment at work. I have 4 Tractors from the 60's. My new tractor is a 67. This new fang led bangled new plastic crap, I don't like.
Glad to hear that you had your out today. I finally got my Bel Saw Circular Saw Blade Grinder, set up today, and gotten my Buss Saw blade sharpened. It was in a real mess, from somebody prior trying to sharpen it. almost all the angles and pitch was wrong. Took me 6 passes to get the whole blade in good condition. Bruce.

Ok get that blade mounted and let the sawdust fly. Is it pto driven off your tractor? Pioneerguy600

Good to hear you are out working those saw's Jerry ,I can hardly wait to see those pictures.Did you see the info the guy's posted on this thread about getting pictures up and running on arboristsite?Speaking of the old Pioneers,I have an idea that Mike Acres museum might be close to me,by close I mean about a 30 minute drive.Does anyone know exactly where it is located? Not sure if that info is on his website.Would like to see some of those old Pioneers up close

Good to hear you are out working those saw's Jerry ,I can hardly wait to see those pictures.Did you see the info the guy's posted on this thread about getting pictures up and running on arboristsite?Speaking of the old Pioneers,I have an idea that Mike Acres museum might be close to me,by close I mean about a 30 minute drive.Does anyone know exactly where it is located? Not sure if that info is on his website.Would like to see some of those old Pioneers up close

I have not been to the museum but think it is in Burnaby maybe around Still Creek Avenue. You can call him at 604 294 6294 or 1 888 661 3155 Pioneerguy600

Ok get that blade mounted and let the sawdust fly. Is it PTO driven off your tractor? Pioneerguy600
Yes it is PTO driven. It is home made, and the log platform is on rollers, and slides in and out like a drawer of a dresser. It has a drive belt on it also, between the main gear box, and the armor for the blade. Who ever engineered this unit did a good job of it.
I tore it all down, and cleaned everything up on it, so it would work nice and smooth. I made a few adjustments on it to make it more safe to work with, and extended the log bed on both sides of the blade. I also narrowed the notch for the blade to travel, because it was too wide, in case something got jambed at the blade.
It's going to be very handy. Bruce. P.S. I'll take lots of pictures of my set up, once I get started. I still have to figure out how to post pictures. Somebody posted for me, Posting Pictures For Dummies, and I still have trouble.
Baby I can get Pioneerman to come over and help me some time, if I can't figure it out. If This Computer was like one of my Macs, I'd have no trouble, and would have it done by now. He only lives a few miles from me as I found out over the weekend. Bruce.

Yes it is PTO driven. It is home made, and the log platform is on rollers, and slides in and out like a drawer of a dresser. It has a drive belt on it also, between the main gear box, and the armor for the blade. Who ever engineered this unit did a good job of it.
I tore it all down, and cleaned everything up on it, so it would work nice and smooth. I made a few adjustments on it to make it more safe to work with, and extended the log bed on both sides of the blade. I also narrowed the notch for the blade to travel, because it was too wide, in case something got jambed at the blade.
It's going to be very handy. Bruce. P.S. I'll take lots of pictures of my set up, once I get started. I still have to figure out how to post pictures. Somebody posted for me, Posting Pictures For Dummies, and I still have trouble.
Baby I can get Pioneerman to come over and help me some time, if I can't figure it out. If This Computer was like one of my Macs, I'd have no trouble, and would have it done by now. He only lives a few miles from me as I found out over the weekend. Bruce.

We had a buzz saw driven by a MF 35 and cut my grandfathers wood up in his yard for 20 years until his passing. It took three of us to cut up 6 cord at about a cord per hour. I never liked picking 16-20"x 4' hardwood up off the ground to load it on the platform and the beech was even worse. LOL Pioneerguy600

We had a buzz saw driven by a MF 35 and cut my grandfathers wood up in his yard for 20 years until his passing. It took three of us to cut up 6 cord at about a cord per hour. I never liked picking 16-20"x 4' hardwood up off the ground to load it on the platform and the beech was even worse. LOL Pioneerguy600
Jerry.
I do a lot of cheating. I have my 4' lengths of wood stacked about 4" off the ground, stacked on 2 runners the length of my pile. I have them spaced so I can put the tines of my manure bucket, and use the loader tractor, to carry the wood to the Buss Saw by the bucket load, and slide the wood onto the platform of the Buss Saw, one piece at a time.
The cut blocks then fall into my bale/grain elevator from the Buss Saw and then is elevated and into a pile. This wood is already sold, and I just use my loader tractor, with my stone picking bucket to load the wood off of my concrete slab I used to use for storing the manure, when I finished pigs.
With my bad back, I have to cheat as much as I can. The loader gets used also for cutting wood in the bush. I just pick up the tree about 2 1/2 feet off the ground, and cut that way. I can't bend over much any more, so I have to figure out easy as possible to get thing done.
Happy 1st of July. Bruce.

Jerry.
I do a lot of cheating. I have my 4' lengths of wood stacked about 4" off the ground, stacked on 2 runners the length of my pile. I have them spaced so I can put the tines of my manure bucket, and use the loader tractor, to carry the wood to the Buss Saw by the bucket load, and slide the wood onto the platform of the Buss Saw, one piece at a time.
The cut blocks then fall into my bale/grain elevator from the Buss Saw and then is elevated and into a pile. This wood is already sold, and I just use my loader tractor, with my stone picking bucket to load the wood off of my concrete slab I used to use for storing the manure, when I finished pigs.
With my bad back, I have to cheat as much as I can. The loader gets used also for cutting wood in the bush. I just pick up the tree about 2 1/2 feet off the ground, and cut that way. I can't bend over much any more, so I have to figure out easy as possible to get thing done.
Happy 1st of July. Bruce.

That`s not cheating its working smart,we use a Hitachi SX 200 with a grapple loader and a Case 321C to load the Ford 8000 dump truck.Still cutting it up with the chainsaws for now but a processor is in the near future plans. Pioneerguy600

That`s not cheating its working smart,we use a Hitachi SX 200 with a grapple loader and a Case 321C to load the Ford 8000 dump truck.Still cutting it up with the chainsaws for now but a processor is in the near future plans. Pioneerguy600

Yes, but I enjoy the sound of the Chain Saw, and handeling of one.
Bruce.

Yes,same here but you need twice the ear protection if you modify the mufflers to dual port or enlarge the single port til it nearly equals the exhaust port on the engine. Pioneerguy600
Jerry.
Can this be done with these older McCullochs, and what is the advantage of doing this? I've heard other guys talking about muffler modifications, but never asked about it until now. Thanks. Bruce.

Pioneer picture trouble.HELP! PLEASE!

Okay I'm having a lot of problems trying to post pictures here ,even with your guy's help .I must be missing something.You guys are talking about uploading the pictures, I can not even seem to do this.How do I upload my pictures to ArboristSite?I would appriciate some real patience and walk me through one baby step at a time.It is very frustrating to want to contibute and cannot.
Thanks Lawrence

Okay I'm having a lot of problems trying to post pictures here ,even with your guy's help .I must be missing something.You guys are talking about uploading the pictures, I can not even seem to do this.How do I upload my pictures to ArboristSite?I would appreciate some real patience and walk me through one baby step at a time.It is very frustrating to want to contribute and cannot.
Thanks Lawrence
Lawrence.
I too am having trouble posting pictures as well. So keep an eye open. I started a new thread about having trouble posting pictures still. I feel that there will be lots of advice there. Bruce

Okay I'm having a lot of problems trying to post pictures here ,even with your guy's help .I must be missing something.You guys are talking about uploading the pictures, I can not even seem to do this.How do I upload my pictures to ArboristSite?I would appriciate some real patience and walk me through one baby step at a time.It is very frustrating to want to contibute and cannot.
Thanks Lawrence
Lawrence.
What part of Canada, do you come from?

Latest posts

Back