Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3200 are a really strong 77cc saw. I picked one up last year and have been tinkering away at it here and there. Cut with it the other day for a test. Tons of snap on the throttle and dual port muffler came stock. Sound awesome……look like trash though like Tim’s! I’d pick it up any day over my Farmsaw.

I also have a Super 2400. Haven’t touched it yet though. Needs some love.

What’s the difference in the 2400 and 2400 Super?

The chainsaw companies sure loved that word "Super"

It very often meant nothing except 5 more letters in the name.

You would have to find the two IPL's and go through them to see what was different

The 3270s are even better with their auto oilers. I quite like the looks of the chrome full wraps. If you're ot wanting a challenge, the 3270SC has a standard choke flap rather than the problematic primer. The creme de la creme might just be the 1560, 77cc gear drive with auto oiler.
Hi Chris,

A 3270 SC would be nice for sure.

l replaced the little chrome dual port original muffler that was on my 2400S with the low tone larger output muffler that came on the 3270S and 3270SC saws.
l like the appearance and sound of the hipo muffler , the larger size seems to fill the void around the cyl fins area of cyl.

Pick this up the other day. Looks like it’s in pretty good shape except for the cracked top cover

Attachments

• 458DF6C9-CA65-45D6-8836-5379EE715D77.jpeg
    458DF6C9-CA65-45D6-8836-5379EE715D77.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • 3B515794-0493-46E1-B815-F83FABF4E30B.jpeg
    3B515794-0493-46E1-B815-F83FABF4E30B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • E2E97677-1216-4EF2-9A8C-24F48317816E.jpeg
    E2E97677-1216-4EF2-9A8C-24F48317816E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 51B9FC69-92CE-49FB-80A3-D77FF89D76DF.jpeg
    51B9FC69-92CE-49FB-80A3-D77FF89D76DF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
This should probably be in the wanted section but figure this section would like one more successful.
I’m looking for a pivot spike for a 750. If anyone is interested in selling one can you let me know.

Located in Ontario Canada

Hi, I'm having trouble finding a coil for a P60. If anyone knows where I could get one and point me in the right direction, I would be wrapped.
I'm down in Tasmania. Cheers.
p60 coil1.jpg
p60 coil.jpg

Hi, I'm having trouble finding a coil for a P60. If anyone knows where I could get one and point me in the right direction, I would be wrapped.
View attachment 943928
View attachment 943929
Finding a coil for them is about impossible these days, any Pioneer owner that has one or more will not sell them as they are known to fail at some point. There is a way another module can be swapped in if you are a bit handy, one from a Husqvarna 365 will work with just a little bit of modification and a clip formed.
Link to a thread covering this adaptation, scroll down to post #14 for a pic,
https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/pioneer-p61-no-spark.130254/

View attachment 943928
View attachment 943929
IDK how shipping would work out, but I’m pretty sure I could you you up with a coil. I’ve got a contact with a fair bit of P60/P42 stuff, if you’re interested I could check with him.

Finding a coil for them is about impossible these days, any Pioneer owner that has one or more will not sell them as they are known to fail at some point. There is a way another module can be swapped in if you are a bit handy, one from a Husqvarna 365 will work with just a little bit of modification and a clip formed.
Link to a thread covering this adaptation, scroll down to post #14 for a pic,
https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/pioneer-p61-no-spark.130254/
Thanks, I was actually eyeing a Husky coil because of the central mount hole. I'll have a look at the thread. Cheers

I looked at my P41 and P50 and they are both different. If you have a source for one I would be interested. Cheers
Thanks, I was actually eyeing a Husky coil because of the central mount hole. I'll have a look at the thread. Cheers
It`s not an overly complicated swap and quite a few have done this and it works. I have read where the timing is off a few degrees but it does not seem to affect them much. If I ever run out of coils myself I would do this swap and then check the timing, the flywheel can be adjusted easily to get the timing correct again. I run dozens of saws that don`t have a key or some with the key filed off enough to allow timing advance.

l located a small stash of those new pioneer 60 coils a while back and realized how hard it was to locate them. Because l have more than one 6 cube Saw l find it hard to depart with any . lts just good insurence for the other saws.
For now l will hang on them but keep you in mind.
Most of us Pioneer owners/collectors have a few spare parts in case we need them down the road, at one time a few years back I I had enough I could share but after more than 20 years of sharing my inventory is at a low point like many others. Anything I feel I can share I do but these Pioneer parts have not been made for close to 36 years, stocks are becoming scarcer each year. That is why finding work arounds is so important to keep these old vintage saws running.

Yes and one of the great things about this site is the sharing of ideas and work arounds to each other.
The net has allowed this great resource , it opened up the whole world to most of us. Never in my younger life would I have envisioned or thought I would be freely corresponding with others all around the world. A hobby that at one time was mostly limited to just my own Province suddenly opened up to a very wide market where I could find , buy, sell and trade saws and parts . It was bad enough for me before joining this Site as far as having far too many saws in my hoard, in no time that hoard had tripled and never stopped growing since. Sharing experience and knowledge is one of this sites greatest features.

Back