Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, trying to free the piston from the bore of the P51 I have. Made the spark plug grease nipple gadget.
After some cursing and effort I have managed to get the Piston about 1/3 the way out of the bore but it's fighting every mm. The piston has now cleared the exhaust port so the grease is now coming out the port. I'm going to have to make a blanking plate. Sigh*P51.jpgP51-1.jpgP51-2.jpg

So, trying to free the piston from the bore of the P51 I have. Made the spark plug grease nipple gadget.
After some cursing and effort I have managed to get the Piston about 1/3 the way out of the bore but it's fighting every mm. The piston has now cleared the exhaust port so the grease is now coming out the port. I'm going to have to make a blanking plate. Sigh*View attachment 956729View attachment 956730View attachment 956731
At this point, I don't know if you can, but did you try the old 50/50 Acetone and ATF soak. I had a Homelite C72 that had been locked up for years. I finally tried the 50/50 soak and after 2 weeks the piston started to move. Back and forth, back and forth and it finally broke free. The saw had good spark, but I only had about 60 PSI, so no fire. Pushed it to the back of the bench. Maybe 2 months later I needed my comp gauge and it was still in the saw. On a whim, I cranked it over and I guess sitting for two months, the rings freed up. I had over 100 PSI. Put a shot of mix in the carb and it fired up.

At this point, I don't know if you can, but did you try the old 50/50 Acetone and ATF soak. I had a Homelite C72 that had been locked up for years. I finally tried the 50/50 soak and after 2 weeks the piston started to move. Back and forth, back and forth and it finally broke free. The saw had good spark, but I only had about 60 PSI, so no fire. Pushed it to the back of the bench. Maybe 2 months later I needed my comp gauge and it was still in the saw. On a whim, I cranked it over and I guess sitting for two months, the rings freed up. I had over 100 PSI. Put a shot of mix in the carb and it fired up.
Not acetone, but I have tried ATF with just about every other concoction I have in the shed. It has been soaking for over 3 weeks before this without a freckle of movement. I suspect someone ripped the carb off and water got down the saw. Grrrr. I fully expect the top end to be total trash but I'm hoping the bottom end is salvageable. These saws are too rare to be trashing them. I was wary of using too much heat to get the piston out might effect the rod.

Would anyone know of a source where I can buy a diaphragm only for aTillotson carb mod# HC 11A.(Clinton saw).Wondering if some of the older model saws like the McCulloch used the same carb or similar with that diaphragm.

Would anyone know of a source where I can buy a diaphragm only for aTillotson carb mod# HC 11A.(Clinton saw).Wondering if some of the older model saws like the McCulloch used the same carb or similar with that diaphragm.
I believe the Mac 15 used an hc carb. They should be out
There. Not sure if it’s the same kit for the hl?

1/16” as were most that were made in North America back then.

1.5 mm is close enuf (.059”) if you are shopping evilbay.
Would you happen to know how much play in the big rod end is acceptable? If it was a more modern saw I would say it’s too much. The one I have fixed up had a bit of play and seems to run fine. The super xl I have is the same way.

I have a pioneer holiday, white with the red script, I think it is the 1100, it is missing the entire recoil housing. What other recoil housings will fit/ interchange?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
recoil from any 1100 series should fit, 1110 , 1120 , 1130 , and 1150 all use the # 471 434 .

Latest posts

Back