Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for a new 24" bar for the farmsaw, would like to put something on without modifications. Any of you guys want to part with or know where I can source a good bar for this? I know I could modify a D009 mount, but I'd like to keep it as close to original as I can. Thanks in advance.
I’ve purchased a couple of these bars. They fit the large P series and Farmsaw as well as the Homelite that take a D096/D196 mount. They fit Poulan 306,245, Echo and probably a ton of others. They are aftermarket and most certainly produced in China so that’s always a bit topic….

Possibly the bar rails may not hold up to professional cutting or a very bad bar pinch but seem ok for occasional use.

The tips are interchangeable with Oregon parts apparently so that’s a nice bonus. I’ve been happy so far.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/24-Guide-Ba...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Acorn Hill if your Holiday has the stack muffler like mine you better wear ear plugs.I bought mine used when I was 15 years old for thirty hard earned dollars from working for a dollar an hour cutting brush with an axe and a pioneer 600 with a bad seal.The 1100 saw was in good shape the big French Canadian had used it for a couple months in the winter of 67 to cut the high line right of way for Ontario Hydro.
Kash

Howdy all I got a pioneer 620. Runs good however the one clutch shoe is not in the best of shape. It seems to be coming apart and causing it to catch once and awhile. Anyway I was reading some newer cast iron clutch’s will fit. I think I have a nu-17 that is just a yard art peice. Motor is locked up solid. However before I try that I was wondering has anyone had them re lined. One of my grandmas neighbor used to do brake shoes. My granddad had him do some for a bike. Any input would be appreciated

Howdy all I got a pioneer 620. Runs good however the one clutch shoe is not in the best of shape. It seems to be coming apart and causing it to catch once and awhile. Anyway I was reading some newer cast iron clutch’s will fit. I think I have a nu-17 that is just a yard art peice. Motor is locked up solid. However before I try that I was wondering has anyone had them re lined. One of my grandmas neighbor used to do brake shoes. My granddad had him do some for a bike. Any input would be appreciated

Their were 2 different style clutchs made for those models. The earlier clutch did not have the garder spring and composite clutch shoes. , it thad the 3 springs and lining attached to shoe. The upgrade clutch is probably on your NU17 and is same upgrade clutch used for the 620. So it will fit and work pending on the condition of the composite shoes and gardr spring.

Could someone please tell me what is the purpose of this screw on the reed of the 3200? I'm working on getting this running. I don't think this saw was ran much ever as it was one the cleanest saws I have ever worked on.
20220217_124643.jpg20220217_124936.jpg

Evening Jason; just a thought; did you try baking the coil?
They are susceptible to moisture and that's why they quit working. IMO the moisture condenses into water and acts like a short (it takes damned little!!!). They cannot build a charge.
I went to a GTG in Oregon (1991 or 2) and made the mistake of leaving my FarmSaw on the ground under a tarp.
When I got home I did a little research about baking the coil and getting them to work again (this thread).
I baked mine @200°F for 12 hours. Once done it sparked. Not so long ago I tested and the spark is still strong (it is stored in my garage about 3 feet above a cement floor).
If you know much about electronics you know that water and electronics don't do well together.
HTH Lou

Latest posts

Back