Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WD40 and air air compressor for about 30 minutes. At least half of that oil soaked saw dust ended up on my face!

Not going to go all the way into it. Top end is in great shape.

Just a good tune up. Cleaned the exhaust and exhaust port. Pulled the clutch , fuel system and ignition. Staring at the seals and it seems silly to not change them now . Anyone know the replacement seal number!

WD40 and air air compressor for about 30 minutes. At least half of that oil soaked saw dust ended up on my face!

Not going to go all the way into it. Top end is in great shape.

Just a good tune up. Cleaned the exhaust and exhaust port. Pulled the clutch , fuel system and ignition. Staring at the seals and it seems silly to not change them now . Anyone know the replacement seal number!

CR5926 and Dichtomatik 15X25.5X4.5TC. Have to use a thin enough seal on the PTO side else it will protrude and drag on the clutch.

I’m looking to for a bearing for my P50. Unfortunately it has a lot of play on the drive side shaft bearing.

I was told that CR 6202-C3 open was that correct replacement. When I look that up on Motion Canada it gives a few options with that part number. Can anyone confirm which one is one the options is the correct one??

https://www.motioncanada.ca/products/search;q=SKF 6202-C3 open

I’m looking to for a bearing for my P50. Unfortunately it has a lot of play on the drive side shaft bearing.

I was told that CR 6202-C3 open was that correct replacement. When I look that up on Motion Canada it gives a few options with that part number. Can anyone confirm which one is one the options is the correct one??

https://www.motioncanada.ca/products/search;q=SKF 6202-C3 open

Some of those designations aren't familiar. Generally, you want an open bearing but alot that I buy have shields and seals that I pop out. I see an electric motor rated bearing which you should probably stay away from. They sell a plastic caged bearing. Dealers choice there.

I did some reading on the SKF resources in an attempt ti better understand a bearing code. For SKF 6202 TN9/C3, The TN9 designation refers to the material that the bearing cage is made of and the C3 is the heat tolerance exactly as PG600 confirmed!

I guess it would be helpful to know what an engineer would use for a two stroke engine. Possibly the TN9 material is not recommended for the application of a two stroke engine.

This is from the SKF website.

TN9Glass fibre reinforced PA66 cage, ball centred

I've always just used brake cleaner. I don't know why WD40 never occurred to me. Need to give it a try. It certainly wouldn't evaporate as fast!

As for compressed air, one of these changed my life. I'll never use another air/blow nozzle. Pretty much doubles your effective nozzle pressure and has a built in regulator valve in the trigger action. Can go from a super gentle wisp to damned near cutting yourself with the pressure. A face shield is highly recommended when using one. The only drawback is it needs a decent sized tank to keep the compressor motor from constantly running. My 30 gallon tank seems to keep up pretty well.

https://www.amazon.com/Vacula-VAC72...locphy=9015284&hvtargid=pla-570730872471&th=1

Looks similar to what I use now. That one may it’s a bit more powerful though. I’ll putting on my Christmas list for the wife😀

This is the one I picked up and Canadian Tire awhile back. The tank does run quite a bit though when I run the nozzle for long periods.

Works great for cleaning saws and blowing out brake parts when changing pads and other parts. Will absolutely decimate most Pioneer paint!!

Attachments

• 12F4D48C-2287-4DC8-84D4-B3A1DE2C80C4.jpeg
    12F4D48C-2287-4DC8-84D4-B3A1DE2C80C4.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Well don’t think I’ll be doing the seals at this time! Dichtomatik isn’t available until June 2023! Think I’ll need to find another seal manufacturer or a different supplier!

Back