Pioneer Farmsaw mod questions

JW51

ArboristSite Operative
Bear with me as I jump to some questionable conclusions.

1) The Farmsaw sure appears to be more or less a P-series of some sort. Is it mechanically a P42?

2) I think some of the Pioneers chassis accepted different sized cylinders.

3) Is it possible to swap a larger displacement Pioneer top end onto a Farmsaw? If so, what cylinders are candidates?

Old2stroke

Old2stroke

Never too many toys
It's the same as a P41 except for the auto compression release and starter mechanism in the farmsaw. I seem to recall the clutch is different also. Damn good saw.

JW51

ArboristSite Operative
Thanks all. Do any of these differences prevent swapping to a P-series top end?

Edit: May have answered my own question if coil mounts to side of cylinder.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
The differences are great enough it won`t be a straight up bolt on, anything can be done with a lot of modifications but the Farmsaw is not an easy saw to swap parts to due to it not using the same flywheel, starter mechanism and coil that the bigger PRO series saws did.

job.ggy

job.ggy

ArboristSite Lurker
Is it possible to replace the flywheel and ignition coil on a Farmsaw for the P41 starter assembly to fit? I saw a video on YouTube, a Farmsaw with a green starter assembly probably a P41's. Thanks guys.

Jasonrkba

Jasonrkba

Addicted to ArboristSite
Some of the sprocket covers are interchangeable, not sure about the starter. The farmsaw has the comp release as stated above. I suppose that could be eliminated if needed but parts are available on ebay.