Pioneer Farmsaw throttle lock doesn’t work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmosselli426

Reaction score
Pioneer Farmsaw/P41

Hey all. I’ve recently picked one of these up for free. I intend on fixing it up and using it as I have no need for anything more from a saw.

I was able to get the saw to fire up, but it was pouring gas/oil out of the muffler and not running great. To be expected since it’s been sitting for who knows how long.

I have ordered a new cylinder gasket as I could hear a leak there. I have ordered a new muffler gasket, as well as a carb kit.

There is one issue that I can’t seem to figure out. The throttle rod, where it connects to the trigger is a slot. When I try to set the throttle lock, the rod just slides back in the trigger slot and allows the throttle blade on the carb to close. This is also causing the throttle to not open completely with the trigger. I’ve checked some parts diagrams, and it doesn’t seem like I’m missing anything, but can’t seem to make sense of it. Can someone offer some help?

Back