Pioneer P38 Project Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beavers

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Finished this P38 prject, pics here , its nice little 58cc saw , era 1980 -83

Attachments

• 473155 Rings_006.JPG
    473155 Rings_006.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 473155 Rings_005.JPG
    473155 Rings_005.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 473155 Rings_004.JPG
    473155 Rings_004.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 473155 Rings_005.JPG
    473155 Rings_005.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 473155 Rings_003.JPG
    473155 Rings_003.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 10
That's a nice looking saw. Does it run as good as it looks?
Yes , l am pleased with how the saw turned out during completion. lts starts easily as it should and revs up just fine.. The sound of the muffler rumbelling l never get tired of . lts a nice little lightweight 15lb saw that won't tire you out to fast.
This saw l had laying around here for a number of years and l always been wanting to restore it. l am glad l did now.
Many thx to Rocketnorton for sending me a flag Handle for the safety brake lever.

Just got a like on a comment on this thread and caused a relook at your P38. Now I need to know more about what all you did to it @Beavers. If you painted it, it looks great, if you didn't, amazing to find in that condition. Anyway, if you had some details to add how you painted, paint used, tear it down all the way etc it would be good info for me and sure others as well. Makes me want a P38 or a P something...P anything.
I picked a P20 last fall amongst a box of Holiday II's, 1173 and 1174 but it's just not as attractive as that P38...guess I'm shallow.

Tom

The Saw had a hard life previously before l got my paws on it. l think it became a obsession to get it restored and completed.
The obvious was a cracked F/W side case, Amasingly though was the Flywheel , ign components , Cyl ,piston and crank were in excellant condition.
preped and painted all the yelow with custom single base Urethane and applied a clear coat .
l tore it all down and innstalled a new complete crankcase. with new C-bearings , seals,
All the other parts on the saw are nos parts, clutch , fuel filter fuel lines, all new oem gaskets, total carb rebuild, oil pump , str pulley &rope, etc, l had here old inventory that l used.
l am in deep $ wise but
The Saw runs beautifully and am pleased with it,

Just got a like on a comment on this thread and caused a relook at your P38. Now I need to know more about what all you did to it @Beavers. If you painted it, it looks great, if you didn't, amazing to find in that condition. Anyway, if you had some details to add how you painted, paint used, tear it down all the way etc it would be good info for me and sure others as well. Makes me want a P38 or a P something...P anything.
I picked a P20 last fall amongst a box of Holiday II's, 1173 and 1174 but it's just not as attractive as that P38...guess I'm shallow.

Tom

i have a farmlite, similar lookin to the p38, w/nos bar
@Beavers
may know the diffs
also p41s that id let go
"s" is safety/brake
both nice shape/paint, running
pm if interested

Their is really not much differences in the P38 and the Farmlite other than the Farmlite has a 4 shoe clutch and spur sprocket wee as the P38 has the 3 sho and rim sprocket. the Topair filter cover is allso different for the 2 saws. and the Farmlite had a nicer looking bar.

Back