Plastic Fuel fittings...arrrr

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziechainsaw

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Plastic fuel fitting strikes again. Surely the only reason they can be using a fitting like this is for cost saving. I have fixed this type of fuel fitting on 2 different chainsaws so far, a Partner P100 Super, Stihl 034AV and today I find this same fuel fitting again on the new Husqvarna 2100CD I got for my collection. And yet again this one is also cracked and sucking air.

I normally just use some JB Weld (plastic weld) to seal up the cracks, but surely there is a different style of fitting available ? Or does anyone know somewhere that I can just purchase a bag full of these fittings to keep in the cabinet.

Any idea's or places to purchase a bag full of fittings ?
Cheers

Justin

Attachments

• 20210829_164145_resized.jpg
    20210829_164145_resized.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 20
Hi Guys,

Plastic fuel fitting strikes again. Surely the only reason they can be using a fitting like this is for cost saving. I have fixed this type of fuel fitting on 2 different chainsaws so far, a Partner P100 Super, Stihl 034AV and today I find this same fuel fitting again on the new Husqvarna 2100CD I got for my collection. And yet again this one is also cracked and sucking air.

I normally just use some JB Weld (plastic weld) to seal up the cracks, but surely there is a different style of fitting available ? Or does anyone know somewhere that I can just purchase a bag full of these fittings to keep in the cabinet.

Any idea's or places to purchase a bag full of fittings ?
Cheers

Justin
Just use a pair of vice-grips ant pull the old fitting out. New or NOS may be available from:

https://www.vepetersen.com/
You can also get the all metal ones as impulse elbows on certain Stihl (026/260) carbs. Also check the hobby stores/websites for Walbro parts.

Back