Plumbing Issue

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Loving the Ignore Feature
I finally called a plumber and he's supposed to be out tomorrow - he stood me up today, had a good excuse though.
Any suggestions? What to watch out for so I'm not snookered by this guy?

About the plumbing...
It's a mobile home, not too old, in like new shape. Master bedroom/bath at one end, spare full bath at the other end, about 15' from the septic tank, kitchen and laundry in the middle.
The master bath commode will flush, but the water just kind of swirls around, a single piece of tp won't go down.
The commode at the other end works great, but about 15 seconds after flushing there is a loud vibration noise coming from close by.
When I wash dishes, I can hear a glub-glug-glub sound in the wall between the kitchen and laundry room, the same wall where the drain pipe from the washer goes in.
The washing machine drain pipe, where it goes into the pipe in the wall leaks. I have duct tape around the junction of the two pipes, but it still leaks when it goes to the spin/rinse/drain cycle. I can hear the water going down, down, down, and away, and then I can hear it come back towards the machine. That's when I hold on tight to a wash cloth I wrap around the pipe.

The non-flush commode has been like this a several years. The noise in the other commode is new. The sink/washer issue is also several years old. About eight years ago when the kitchen sink was clogged, I call a plumber who hooked a pressurized hose pipe to the trap - but instead of blowing in the direction of the septic tank, it blew out the hose pipe in the washer... made such a mess in that room. The washer hasn't been the same since.

Oh, and all the other drains work fine, sinks and tubs... including the kitchen sink.
Also, water bill is the same, no water pooling around house, that I can see, and no odors.

What do you think? ...

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

I hate plumbing but it sounds like a blockage.
Duct tape wont do much. If a join or coupling is leaking use pve tape.
I hope it's that simple.
I'm wondering if the house has settled some and maybe the pipes under the house aren't at enough of a pitch flowing to the septic tank. Is that even possible??

ammoaddict

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
Could be a venting issue, have you checked the vent pipes that go through the roof? There are only a few things it could be. Clog, not enough fall on the main pipe, vent clogged or septic drain field clogged. Does the septic tank have a filter in it? Mine does, and you have to remove and clean it every couple years or if does similar to your description.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Could be a venting issue, have you checked the vent pipes that go through the roof? There are only a few things it could be. Clog, not enough fall on the main pipe, vent clogged or septic drain field clogged. Does the septic tank have a filter in it? Mine does, and you have to remove and clean it every couple years or if does similar to your description.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Thank you! I'll see if he checks all that tomorrow.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

It might be due for a pumping.
I just called her and said to tell him to go ahead and plan on cleaning the septic, but the plumber called a few minutes later to say he's on his way, and will bring the truck another time if need be. Said he can uncover it and "stir" it if that's the problem. :crazy: To get it going until he can bring the truck.

I can understand why plumbers charge so much. :laugh:

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Okay, they just left - three great big he-men. One had arms and calves like ham hocks - kept bumping into things in my little house. :ices_rofl:
But, they seemed to know what they were doing, and were very professional, and efficient with their time. I like that.

After they consulted with each other, one wanted to do it one way, the other another, agreed to bypass the portion of the line with the clog by dropping a pipe down to the main, on either side of the clog. Determined there is a bad clog between the kitchen sink and the washer - most likely from when the last plumber blew the mess towards the washer instead of towards the septic.
The slow commode he said has a lime clog and he's going to replace the entire commode since the sink and tub in the same room are draining just fine.
The septic was fine also and didn't need cleaning.

They're going to call me when they can come out again.
That wasn't so bad. :)