PM Canadien

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmbrman

stumped
Reaction score
I have a few project saws around that have been ignored for a long time, now maybe longer:) Ended up with a PM Canadien to play with and did a little tear down and inspection tonight. No markings I can find on the saw other than 'made in canada' and a serial number- maybe something will show up under the grime.

attachment.php

attachment.php

handle is tweaked a little

attachment.php

went a little farther on the saw, the recoil is sticky, but I got it working enough to feel some compression, not great but not bad. My guage is worthless. I also found there is spark. Saw had been sitting under a steel roof, but close to the edge where water dripped on it some.

attachment.php

attachment.php

fuel tank was dry and clean-

attachment.php

Last edited:
Looks like a 187- well worth restoring. I have a few NOS parts if you end up needing anything.

thanks for the info and offer ! I checked the acres website and had it narrowed to the 187 or soemthing else- can't recall right now. Never really restored a saw, rebuilt a few 028's, but this is a little different and more valuable. I think my creed for now is 'do no harm' :)

once you get all that preservative off of it , it will look nice. more pic's after your done.

That saw looks like a whole lot of trouble and a big burden to restore....I can save you the trouble right now, just let me know how much the shipping is:)

Sweet ole saws those Canadiens are.
Very well built in there day. Unique
and fun to run.

Lee

good to know- never seen one before and I am a little scared to bugger it up. Dude I got it from said he thought it should stay battle scarred, but that he was just glad someone would keep it outta a scap pile and I should do whatever to keep it intact.

OK, this is how bad an influence you guys are. I have read about hiding saws behind the wife's shoes, hiding saws in junk cars, etc. I have been figuring out what to do as my collection grows and guess I am doing well, cause someone had to remind me that while I said in an earlier post I never restored a saw, actually , , well,, forgot about the 262 on the shelf, but in my mind it does not count because even if it was all gone thru with OEM parts, and repainted, I never ran it yet, so . . .

I fooled myself for a short while, so if I believe it, can I pass her lie detector test ? :hmm3grin2orange:

OK, this is how bad an influence you guys are. I have read about hiding saws behind the wife's shoes, hiding saws in junk cars, etc. I have been figuring out what to do as my collection grows and guess I am doing well, cause someone had to remind me that while I said in an earlier post I never restored a saw, actually , , well,, forgot about the 262 on the shelf, but in my mind it does not count because even if it was all gone thru with OEM parts, and repainted, I never ran it yet, so . . .

I fooled myself for a short while, so if I believe it, can I pass her lie detector test ? :hmm3grin2orange:

ME: "New saw? what do you mean? I've had that old thing for years!!"

WIFE: "Then why does it still have the price tag on it?"

ME: " that is because......umm.....because.....umm"

it doesnt matter what you do, they WILL find out...everytime

not surprised, but still a setback

makes me really appreciate all the well documented threads on here when you guys go thru a saw-

thanks for motivating me even if I am a little bummed

good news is the bearings feel pretty good- to a novice anyway:)

Back