Pole Saw Poles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdtreeman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a pole saw and wanted some advice on what style to get. I need to get a few of the 6 foot poles that attach together. What is your opinion. I can get the fiberglass ones or wooden ones. What are the advantages/ disadvantages. I’ve only used 12 foot wooden poles but I need the 6 foot sectionals that attach together. I’m guessing the fiberglass ones are more durable but I’m thinking they may be much heavier then the wooden ones. While I’m here, in addition to the poles, is there a pole saw head you prefer whether it be Notch, Marvin, Jameson, or some other brand you prefer. Thanks.

I am looking to purchase a pole saw and wanted some advice on what style to get. I need to get a few of the 6 foot poles that attach together. What is your opinion. I can get the fiberglass ones or wooden ones. What are the advantages/ disadvantages. I’ve only used 12 foot wooden poles but I need the 6 foot sectionals that attach together. I’m guessing the fiberglass ones are more durable but I’m thinking they may be much heavier then the wooden ones. While I’m here, in addition to the poles, is there a pole saw head you prefer whether it be Notch, Marvin, Jameson, or some other brand you prefer. Thanks.
I ordered the Notch fiberglass from HomeDepot. Three 6' poles and sawhead were very reasonable. I would not want to be pumping that rig up and down all day long, but it works. One or two 6' sections will do most jobs

Ok thanks all. Of course I would use it on the ground for elevating, hangers,etc. but mostly I was going to be using it up in the tree deadwooding and crown cleaning. Thus I don’t want anything too heavy. I think 2 eights would be overkill. Maybe 1 eight or 2 sixes when a loft in the tree. I guess I could order a few different sizes and mix and match accordingly. I saw these at A.M.Leonard. I’ll try do drop a link not sure if it works. Not good at theses things. Anyway it’s 2 six foot wooden poles. You think they may be a bit lighter then fiberglass when climbing in the canopy?

https://www.amleo.com/leonard-pole-pruner-kit-with-wood-poles/p/750W

Back