Poll: How many of you use hardcases for your chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you use hardcases when storing or transporting your chainsaws?

• Yes

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My MS250 came with one and I'll usually leave it in the case (especially when it's riding in the trailer behind the quad and it's muddy), but none of my other saws have cases.
My MS250 came with a case as well, almost never use it. I do have a scabbard for the bar though, as do most of my other saws. Cases are nice but for the most part I don’t use them.

My MS250 came with a case as well, almost never use it. I do have a scabbard for the bar though, as do most of my other saws. Cases are nice but for the most part I don’t use them.
I have my grandpas old 015AV. It has a custom fake leather scabbard on it with his initials branded into it and it lives in the plywood box that he built for it. The box has repurposed cabinet hinges and the hasp is made from one of his old leather belts. There is some sentimentality in me keeping it as it is. My other saws just have the dumb orange scabbards on the bars and they ride around in the pickup bed until there is no more room. Then they get speared between the firewood rounds for the ride home. Saw boxes just take up too much space for my needs.

Both my saws stay in the hard cases they came with. At any given time my saws bounce between 3 trucks 2 quads and a tractor. Everything I need is in each case, I grab my sawcase, fuel jug, oil jug and go.

That said, I’m curious about those chainsaw bags. I wouldn’t switch, but they look neat.

I consider it a win if the right length scabbard is on the saw. I can't imagine casing them or finding cases that fit.
If we are traveling with out the trailer we use 2 job boxes, pile gas tools in one and battery tools in the other does that count as a case?

Back