Poll: How many of you use hardcases for your chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you use hardcases when storing or transporting your chainsaws?

• Yes

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How about a soft case or a bag? I'd be much more inclined to use a soft case, as it'll squish and take up less space.
The mess dripping from one was enough to keep me from trying those. Get yourself a vinyl lined one to capture all the weeping goodness.

15" saws come in, you will find it in the Roki-Dbgm network. It's cool because it has a Mdf board inside

Attachments

• 20221203_140014.jpg
    20221203_140014.jpg
    752 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221203_140711.jpg
    20221203_140711.jpg
    720.9 KB · Views: 0
If someone came by I would make them a good deal on a pile of hard cases
Selling them? Could probably move them quickly on CL.

I remember looking, several years back, and being surprised at how few I saw at garage sales, etc., when many of the Poulan, etc., came with them. I would see saws, but not cases.

Philbert

Selling them? Could probably move them quickly on CL.

I remember looking, several years back, and being surprised at how few I saw at garage sales, etc., when many of the Poulan, etc., came with them. I would see saws, but not cases.

Philbert
A lot of those cases were pretty flimsy. Latches broke easy and the hinges would pop apart. I'm not surprised that people didn't keep them.

Back in my wee sprog days, I bought a couple garage sale Poulans with hard cases. I always threw the cases away, and eventually the saws too. The cases took up extra space, and I didn't see the need to put a chainsaw in a case. Never even thought about selling the cases, maybe I should have.

I grab cases ANY time I see one. A few years ago a Sears was closing and liquidating everything, they had a brand new saw case with a bottle of oil and a scrench for like $6, I grabbed that case so fast.... It was from a display model.

The hard cases are nice for storage, even for short term as I have had mud wasps fill up small spaces on my saws in the summer. Amazing how fast they work!

I use bar scabbards. Never seen a need for the hard cases. Most I have seen have bees cheaply made, flimsy, chinesium junk. I have a 6x6 in the truck bed for parking scabbards and exposed blades. Keeps them from sliding around and doing the bumper car smash ups in sharp turns.

I grab cases ANY time I see one. A few years ago a Sears was closing and liquidating everything, they had a brand new saw case with a bottle of oil and a scrench for like $6, I grabbed that case so fast.... It was from a display model.
Well I could take a picture then you will have seen them. :) How many you want?

Latest posts

Back