porting a cheap green poulan?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick121

Reaction score
So I have one of the cheap green poulans, 3314 model. It's probably about a 2010 year give or take. Grandfather bought as a beater saw I think or just cause it was cheap. Didn't get used much and then wouldn't run. Grandfather passed and while dads pretty handy with things he's not much for playing and tweaking carbs etc.

I got it running after adjusting the carb. I cut slots in the screws to avoid buying the tool.
I cut the muffler apart and gutted it and welded back up. retuned and she runs decent now
I have no experience with porting.. is there much to gain on this saw? I just want to play around with a free saw, and to see what I could get out of it.
anyone have a quick intro to porting for beginners? From reading up on here it looks like I just want to work the sides and not top and bottom of port. best tools to do this?

And is there any better chain? I have a oregon s52 on it, not the best with sharpening, have files and a timber tuff electric sharpener. Don't want to invest much into a saw like this but if there's a better chain for it I'd be intrested.

I put the bigger bore cylinder in my 2150 and added a few degrees of timing on the exhaust side. It now pulls a 20 inch bar in soft wood with a sharp chain very well. I use it for limbing dead fall mostly before using a larger saw to buck it. But it will buck logs with no issue. It makes me laugh when I’ve used it on logs and people see that POS Poulan kick a little butt

I put the bigger bore cylinder in my 2150 and added a few degrees of timing on the exhaust side. It now pulls a 20 inch bar in soft wood with a sharp chain very well. I use it for limbing dead fall mostly before using a larger saw to buck it. But it will buck logs with no issue. It makes me laugh when I’ve used it on logs and people see that POS Poulan kick a little butt
Yeah I bet it would surprise most people since a lot of times the poulans barely run as it is.

Latest posts

Back