Porting an Stihl 056 Super

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

so I am interested in trying out some porting and I was holding out for a well used 260 or 034 super. However this whole time I have had this 056 super hanging around.

I paid $50 Australian dollars for it and spent about $30 aussi on a carb kit lines and filter etc

I took the saw apart the other day to find an issue and noticed that the top end was very worn.

This got me thinking, could this 056 super be a good contender to learn some basic port work on? Do they yield results that offer a noticeable advantage vs the time spent?

I had planned on selling it at some point in the future, but I may just hold on to it now!

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

so I am interested in trying out some porting and I was holding out for a well used 260 or 034 super. However this whole time I have had this 056 super hanging around.

I paid $50 Australian dollars for it and spent about $30 aussi on a carb kit lines and filter etc

I took the saw apart the other day to find an issue and noticed that the top end was very worn.

This got me thinking, could this 056 super be a good contender to learn some basic port work on? Do they yield results that offer a noticeable advantage vs the time spent?

I had planned on selling it at some point in the future, but I may just hold on to it now!

Thanks in advance.
A neighbor who did some logging swore his ported 045 Super was a real screamer and the best saw he's run power-wise. I'd say go for it, personally.

Latest posts

Back