Porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only build work saws, but I test my power gains by cutting cookies. If I were to only cut firewood while testing, I’d need 30 pulp cord of logs every year. I’m not in the business of splitting and selling firewood though.

There are many builders out there that build race saws and GTG type saws only, but you’re painting with a broad brush by fitting me in with “cookie cutters”. My goal is to make a saw cut faster using the same size bar as before, or to be able to run a longer bar than what was possible before.

All I will say it some saws are pitiful stock, and really come alive once ported.

461 for example, choked up tiny exhaust hole, limited coil, etc, I was not impressed with one in stock form at all.

Ported a 461 is a completely different saw. Once I ran a ported 461, using a stock one was almost painful. :)

All I will say it some saws are pitiful stock, and really come alive once ported.

461 for example, choked up tiny exhaust hole, limited coil, etc, I was not impressed with one in stock form at all.

Ported a 461 is a completely different saw. Once I ran a ported 461, using a stock one was almost painful. :)
one thing I find funny about that is that you amateurs does such a better job tuning a saw than what educated knowledge does. It must be nothing less than a miracle, or not true.

My two cents would be that a stock MS661c - is a pretty awesome machinery... why change a proven winning team ?

Exactly why would you do that, better have a good reason to wreck the Stihl recommendation or what yes ?

And I mght be a nobody to the FSB or the IRA, but to the world I'm a king.
Because i SAY i AM.
You think I'm no better than yourself you are perfectly right though...

Have a new Stihl 661-c and would like to have it ported. Live in Indiana and would prefer someone in the midwest to do the work. Thanks in advance for the reply.
I put a Max Air flow filters and a Egan straight shot on my 661C that i used on my Logosol chainsaw mill, before i bought a G660 to see how long it would last as a Chainsaw mill lol.

That’s exactly what happens in most of my ported saws
Thank you. That probably won’t be answered.
That was my post he quoted.
He seems young and childish ……..a youthful knowledge……..

Probably never ran a ported saw. Or been to a GTG.
Typical of a good Porter looks like this25F764BF-2672-41EB-B816-678EE17781B8.jpg

Back