Possible ms400c this coming Tuesday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted for sale a S&W revolver this morning, with the idea that if I got the amount to buy a 400c I would. I'll be a little shy, but the want has grown to large to not make the purchase. Sale will be concluded Tuesday, and if ACE Hardware has the saw, I know I will have to have. :happybanana:
Sounds like you have CAD.

Looks like the saw has been cancelled. The revolver funds are now going towards a welder.

I had been thinking of getting a welder for a few years, and asked a friend that has developed quite the skills and has the knowledge. The cheap one I was considering has been advised against. I have to spend quite a bit more then I was thinking and the new funds are going towards this.

1638141007533.png

I wouldnt Touch a transfomer 120 welder with a 20ft Stick. Id assume the recomendation comes from someone who doesnt weld much and has little exsperince with welding machines. But obviously says otherwise

If your only welding chainsaw mufflers and sheet metal a 120 wall unit might work. But in inverter technolgy. Inverter tech has really increased what can be done while plugged into a 120 wall plug.

Some welders do still prefer tranformer machines like the hobart iron man aswell as the same machine but in blue.

180 187 along with plugs 50 amp breaker and time to wire a dedicated plug on the wall will be a far better investment. These can be found used for 200-400 sometimes bottles cords hood etc included.

Miller 215, 170 titanuim, esab 215, clutch, everlast, etc.
Plenty of inverter dual voltage machines available that actually weld good.
Pic a price point and run with it.
one and weld circles around the hobart 140 machine.

I could go on and on I just gotta say friends dont recomend a 140 transformer machine

https://www.harborfreight.com/mig-170-professional-welder-with-120240v-input-64805.html

I wouldnt Touch a transfomer 120 welder with a 20ft Stick. Id assume the recomendation comes from someone who doesnt weld much and has little exsperince with welding machines. But obviously says otherwise

If your only welding chainsaw mufflers and sheet metal a 120 wall unit might work. But in inverter technolgy. Inverter tech has really increased what can be done while plugged into a 120 wall plug.

Some welders do still prefer tranformer machines like the hobart iron man aswell as the same machine but in blue.

180 187 along with plugs 50 amp breaker and time to wire a dedicated plug on the wall will be a far better investment. These can be found used for 200-400 sometimes bottles cords hood etc included.

I could go on and on I just gotta say friends dont recomend a 140 transformer machine

https://www.harborfreight.com/mig-170-professional-welder-with-120240v-input-64805.html

Sounds like I have a bit of research to do before buying. Thanks.

I may be picking this up tomorrow. A good buy for a new DIY beginner welder?

Century 230 amp AC stick welder
https://missoula.craigslist.org/tls/d/missoula-century-230-amp-ac-stick-welder/7399798368.html

Cost is low enough that I may still be able to get the ms400c :happybanana:

Are you buying a saw or welder.

That 230 amp century stick welder would work well on 1/8" 1/4" plate. It probly wouldn't be much good on chainsaw muffler projects.

What kind of projects are you wanting to do with your welder.

Welders are like saws you buy one then you need more wether you actually use them or not.
My Baby is a 235 miller ive got a big engine drive and a hobart 180. I actually weld quite abit for work and play

If you buy the replacement plan from harbor freight you can return the welder and use the Funds to upgrade. Theres actually some badass welder these days but the low end good ones are in the 600-800 range.

Being able to run wire and stick is very Handy tig would be pretty cool to whip out some snazzy mufflers. Stick weld knickle rod to clue cast iron together or just cause im out of wire. Im burnning a 44lb spool on 3-4 months in the 235

My first "project" is to complete a project I started years ago. I found a 6 foot length of heavy steel pipe I cut into 1 2, and 3 foot lengths. Now I will weld some hooks so I can hang them from a rope or cable. Shooting steel for fun. I see the welder mostly for repairs. My tail pipe came off the muffler a couple of months ago, and I had to pay someone to weld it back in place. Now I will fix such things myself.

I did buy it yesterday. Looks good. Just need to wire up a 240 outlet in the garage, am I'm a welder. :)

Got it! Almost.

Tuesday in Missoula, Murdochs had 7 of the 400c for $949 (20" B&C). No way.

Today in Pinehurst Id, they had 1 and the owner made me a deal of $800 + Tax, and I was able to take the saw with no B&C. :happybanana:

Actually, I was not able to "take" it, since this was a cash deal, and I had only a hundred on me. But it is mine, tomorrow or in the next couple of days, when I return with the Balance Due.

It has been quite a year.
Sold the 290 and the 461 for what I paid, almost and exactly
Bought the 261c, the 500i and the 400c

I'm Done. Thats it.

Yea i'll be done when my 400C-M comes in. Same 3 saws as you.

Really hard to say "I'm done, thats it" as we don't know what the next wiz saw Stihl will come out with. But I'll have the same 3 saws you have and it is about time I treat myself with some cool tools to enjoy life.

Congratulations to you obtaining a great combination of saws.

Id gladdly chuck that fugly 500i for a good welding machine.

For me welders make me money and often save tons of money, saws rarely make money. Maybevits Flipper around for you.

Back