Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We skidded 19 more lake logs aka “dead heads” out of the lake. My neighbor texted that he realized later that he broke a front axle skidding with the wheeler.

Some of them.
View attachment 862268
Processing for firewood? Seems like a hassle when surrounded by standing timber? What's the scoop on pursuing this wood? Fill us in.

Processing for firewood? Seems like a hassle when surrounded by standing timber? What's the scoop on pursuing this wood? Fill us in.
Removing from the lake for safety purposes. I do use some of these logs for firewood though, they actually dry pretty quickly once split.

Here too!
377f13c47cf9615fa2056d7294887553.jpg

862b8fbe539cd433dd8035696a05e01f.jpg

I wish we had snow. As we live in 60th parallel North, there's very limited amount of daylight this time of the year. Snow would help a little bit, especially when driving.
Of course, snow here in the southern part of the country does not stay white for a long time rather than becoming gross grey-brown stuff.

My neighbor texted that he realized later that he broke a front axle skidding with the wheeler.

I tore a cvc boot on my Polaris. The axle is connected to the front differential like a socket wrench handle and socket. Give it a hard jerk and it pops out.

That's a great stack. How many cord in that?

@al-k That a full 10 from a load this spring to the house. I have another 6 or so still that is not cut up yet. I go through almost 10/yr...

looking at a few things to try and bring that down a bit. 10/yr is wearing on me![/QUOTE]

Wow. I burn 2 a year and that is all I can manage outside of a job, wife, kids. Last season I cut 4 so I could be a year ahead split by hand, thought my wife was gonna divorce me. She won’t be complaining when it gets cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

still plenty scrounging wood, fire... camp... and cooking! most of it just down the street a bit. from a midnight scrounge the other day... got about 1/2 cord in total cut up for woodpile, and some to split. plenty fire wood action down in So Texas... daily camp fires, too! ...
P4090004.JPG
P4090010.JPGP4090012.JPGP3250002.JPGP3250005.JPG

Latest posts

Back