Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been keeping up with these storms . Have relatives in there and so far they are ok . Hope you come thru this with no damage . Years of not enough and now flooding you guys can’t catch a break.

I heard the store at the creek a six mile drive above our place up there got 11” of rain yesterday. The river that area flows into peaked over 48,000 fps, it’s usually 5 or 6 hundred this time of year. The spring/summer peak is usually about 10,000 fps, I’m pretty sure it hasn’t been to the recent peak since 1997. That storm damaged roads along the river and filled the reservoir with logs you could walk across the lake on.

I have to see pics if you guys want any stickers LOL
Heres some of mine Every piece you see is oak.
Heres some of mine Every piece you see is oak.
firewoodpiles003.jpg
wow ready for picnic ...

I've got 4 cords of White Oak cut split and stacked from an F3 Tornado damage in Tweed Ontario in 2022. Looks like bombs went off.
Thousands of square miles and hundreds of thousands of trees were stripped and knocked around in this Canadian Shield terrain.
The cleanup will go on for many years.

I've been working on rebuilding my ill-fated (ground hog) wood rack when the weather permits. No scrounging for over a month. Nothing on the log pile that suites my fancy.
I tried to repair the rack while still standing, but it turned out being easier just tearing it down and rebuilding. Got the 8'x10' section done and am restacking the firewood. Got three 8' rows done yesterday and today.

IMG_1986.JPG

Only work a couple hours a morning due to the heat wave we're experiencing now. Went a little longer today than I should of. Slowly getting the rack back together,
Still have these piles to get stacked. All Mulberry and Hedge.
IMG_1988.JPGIMG_1985.JPG

Latest posts

Back