Poulan 1433 new carb...fuel coming out muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clattin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My father in law has a Poulan 1433 that wasn't running. I popped a new carb in it as well as fuel lines/filter yesterday. Now it starts but a lot of fuel is coming out of the muffler.

One thing to point out is that none of the gaskets that came with the new carb were an exact fit to the old one, I used the closest one. Maybe I should try the old gasket? Would that be causing this to happen?

Thanks!
CHris

My father in law has a Poulan 1433 that wasn't running. I popped a new carb in it as well as fuel lines/filter yesterday. Now it starts but a lot of fuel is coming out of the muffler.

One thing to point out is that none of the gaskets that came with the new carb were an exact fit to the old one, I used the closest one. Maybe I should try the old gasket? Would that be causing this to happen?

Thanks!
CHris
Is it a Chinese carb you brought? If so what was wrong with the old OEM one?

Is it a Chinese carb you brought? If so what was wrong with the old OEM one?
I'm sure it was....came from Amazon. I don't know what was wrong with the other one. He just told me the saw wouldn't run anymore and replacing the carb has been my starting point for all small engines that won't start/run over the last several years.

If you have fuel coming out the muffler this tell me that the cylinder has enough compression to draw the mix in. It also tells me that you may not have any spark! Grab the ball and run with it.

If you have fuel coming out the muffler this tell me that the cylinder has enough compression to draw the mix in. It also tells me that you may not have any spark! Grab the ball and run with it.
But it was running when the fuel was coming out of the exhaust…..so I must be getting spark.

It could be set to rich. Or the metering diaphragm may have a hole in it. Or the metering lever for the inlet needle may be improperly set. The inlet needle could be stuck open. Or the inlet needle seat may have a nick in it.

Latest posts

Back