Poulan 2700

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Besawin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I have repaired many old stihls and husqvarna from reading threads on here. It's very cool to know that there's more chainsaw freaks like me. Ok I recently purchased a poulan 2700 with a mag case. I love these models. My question is will a piston and cylinder from a poulan 365 bolt on to the 2700? I have heard that it would. Just want to verify if this is accurate, and if so I'm guessing stroke is same.

It will not. The 365 is a wider case so the bolt pattern is different .You can go with a P&C from a 335.
It's crazy how hard it is to find parts for these models, when I was a teenager it seems like my dad ha 20 of these models

There is a few 346 top ones running around. Some with 038 mag tops too.

Ported 346 one in OH I just was shown video of guy was finishing up.

Anything is possiable if you want to really do it OP.

Stock 2700 for OP. I dont care for the 46cc tops myself. I try and use 49cc 54cc on these 2700 2800. Those are bolt on's no rednecking involved.

p2700.JPG
p346.jpg

Stock 2700 for OP. I dont care for the 46cc tops myself. I try and use 49cc 54cc on these 2700 2800. Those are bolt on's no rednecking involved.

View attachment 1048383
View attachment 1048384
I agree I have been searching the web for cylinder piston kits . 3300 or 3450 cylinders always says not available or sold out. I will keep searching until something turns up. T

I agree I have been searching the web for cylinder piston kits . 3300 or 3450 cylinders always says not available or sold out. I will keep searching until something turns up. T
Bolt on without work you want 3300 3.3 bare set or a 335 3.3 chrome set.

3450 wont just bolt on without work and blocking off 1 of the impulses.

p3353450.jpg

Bolt on without work you want 3300 3.3 bare set or a 335 3.3 chrome set.

3450 wont just bolt on without work and blocking off 1 of the impulses.

View attachment 1048794
Hey thanks for showing me that. I did not know the difference. Yes I would rather search for the 3300 cylinder. Also is a 3/8 sprocket or spur sprocket available for those series saws?

Hey thanks for showing me that. I did not know the difference. Yes I would rather search for the 3300 cylinder. Also is a 3/8 sprocket or spur sprocket available for those series saws?
3300 or 335 or 3.3 keep them as sets. 3300 bar and some 3.3 bare. 335 chrome and some 3.3 chrome.

Yes you can use 3/8. Just through a rim style drum on with 3/8 rim. But I dont recommend on these stock.

I know I got drums from parts saws but you can still buy new ones.

pclutchhdstd.jpg

3300 or 335 or 3.3 keep them as sets. 3300 bar and some 3.3 bare. 335 chrome and some 3.3 chrome.

Yes you can use 3/8. Just through a rim style drum on with 3/8 rim. But I dont recommend on these stock.

I know I got drums from parts saws but you can still buy new

View attachment 1049580
It has been a minute I have been working long hours at dealership. A slight change of plans though. My friend found a decent looking 3300 forester at garage sale. 40 bucks so I told him worth the gamble. Last night I pulled the muffler off I see light or what I hope to be light scoring on left and right sides of exhaust port. I will pull cylinder off today at lunch and see how bad. Hopefully just some light sanding and set of cabers fingers crossed. It's is green instead of yellow in color does that make a difference? Also I have a good 18 inch bar with new chain but it's 3/8 pitch. Do you know the part numbers for clutch and rim or spur sprocket? Judging by the pictures you have good parts for these saws. I wished there was a shop nearby like that. Anyways I will check cylinder today and update. I'm so excited about this saw and my 2700. Thanks for info guys

@Besawin

Your post got buried = ((((((((It has been a minute I have been working long hours at dealership. A slight change of plans though. My friend found a decent looking 3300 forester at garage sale. 40 bucks so I told him worth the gamble. Last night I pulled the muffler off I see light or what I hope to be light scoring on left and right sides of exhaust port. I will pull cylinder off today at lunch and see how bad. Hopefully just some light sanding and set of cabers fingers crossed. It's is green instead of yellow in color does that make a difference? Also I have a good 18 inch bar with new chain but it's 3/8 pitch. Do you know the part numbers for clutch and rim or spur sprocket? Judging by the pictures you have good parts for these saws. I wished there was a shop nearby like that. Anyways I will check cylinder today and update. I'm so excited about this saw and my 2700. Thanks for info guys)))))))

3300 is a bare bore 54cc. If you can clean it up yes those will swap back forth with the 2700 bare bore 46cc saw. Just keep p+c as sets.

I would have to look up part numbers just like you can online. I dont know them off top of my head.

@Besawin

Your post got buried = ((((((((It has been a minute I have been working long hours at dealership. A slight change of plans though. My friend found a decent looking 3300 forester at garage sale. 40 bucks so I told him worth the gamble. Last night I pulled the muffler off I see light or what I hope to be light scoring on left and right sides of exhaust port. I will pull cylinder off today at lunch and see how bad. Hopefully just some light sanding and set of cabers fingers crossed. It's is green instead of yellow in color does that make a difference? Also I have a good 18 inch bar with new chain but it's 3/8 pitch. Do you know the part numbers for clutch and rim or spur sprocket? Judging by the pictures you have good parts for these saws. I wished there was a shop nearby like that. Anyways I will check cylinder today and update. I'm so excited about this saw and my 2700. Thanks for info guys)))))))

3300 is a bare bore 54cc. If you can clean it up yes those will swap back forth with the 2700 bare bore 46cc saw. Just keep p+c as sets.

I would have to look up part numbers just like you can online. I dont know them off top of my head.

View attachment 1049580
Do you sell

View attachment 1048383
View attachment 1048384
Any

@Besawin

Do you sell parts for these poulans Good sir . If so how do I go about making a purchase. Also do you recommend base gasket delete on these models are the tolerance usually too close or is it ok.

Do you sell

Any

Do you sell parts for these poulans Good sir . If so how do I go about making a purchase. Also do you recommend base gasket delete on these models are the tolerance usually too close or is it ok.
I do but I mainly do it local or on my chainsaw repair group. Plus I only take Paypal friends family way or USPS money order now due to our new tax law that went in effect last year. There is folks here that can vouch for me too.

I'm mainly down to used parts now and just a few NOS parts. IMO just go buy a new clutch drum. Oregon made one if I recall right.

People do gasket delete all the time on these. But you need to check your squish without. Most poulans have a hugh squish so was no problem. I used to too. But anymore a gasket goes back in. Not looking for every psi anymore.

This was a stock G288 with gasket in. Poulan might be closer to .050

g288squish.jpg

Latest posts

Back