Poulan 2800 - Impressive little saw!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl-Pioneer I noticed you have a Poulan 3450 and was wondering if you have cut with it and how do you like it. I believe that is a 54cc engine.

The Type 1 2 and 4 are 54cc's. The Type 3 is 60 cc's same as the 3750. I bought a 3450 and lo and behold it was a type 3. Runs great and a lot of power. Would assume the 54cc saws would do likewise.
Bob

I have never run the 46cc saw in that series, good to hear the got what it takes.

I also cut some wood today and had my Poulan 3000 running along with my Dolmar 5100. I would tell you how they compare but I dont want to hurt the Dolmar guys feelings. (yet):hmm3grin2orange:

Yea, Mark those 3000's at 49cc are a real nice saw. Love mine though I did give my PP 305 to my BIL. How's your Canadian 3000 running.
Bob

The 3000 has a extra port on the muffler, otherwise, its bone stock. I made no secret of that.
The 5100 is stock with a non cat muffler.

What's your point?
Hey Mark, am I missing a grommet or plug for the chain side of the case below and to the right of the clutch? It looks to be the size of a quarter.

Hey Mark, am I missing a grommet or plug for the chain side of the case below and to the right of the clutch? It looks to be the size of a quarter.
If it’s what I’m thinking, there is a black vibration buffer in the hole that attaches the fuel tank assembly to the case. On top of that there is a black plastic piece held in with a screw and a chain catcher under the screw.

So it's the hole just to the right of the clutch next to the oiler. Maybe a dime size hole.

If it’s what I’m thinking, there is a black vibration buffer in the hole that attaches the fuel tank assembly to the case. On top of that there is a black plastic piece held in with a screw and a chain catcher under the screw.
Please take a look at the pictures provided and if you could advise that would be awesome. First time uploading pics. Thanks for your patience.

None of the US IPLs I have list a chainbrake. The Canadian 2800/3000 IPL dose show the chainbrake # 530010906. That should be the metal handle version but don't be surprised if its orange. That is if your lucky enough to even find one.100_7130.JPG

They did offer a green accessory chainbrake kit. I had bought one years ago. I may still have the part number somewhere. I’ll look either tonight when I get home or in the morning.

I found it I figured I had it someplace. Your word accessory was dead on and is why its not in the IPL's and would be found in the dealers accessory Literature.

Part # 530069237
I'm attaching the instruction sheet for it.

Attachments

• Poulan 2800 & 3000 Chain Brake Kit 7-29-86.pdf
    622.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back