Poulan 3700 rings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I look back at the email from Amazon it says Corolado Spare Parts. I do not have calipers to measure.
So, they >(KIM KYONG HWANd is Corolado spare parts it seems)< sell one set of rings that fit all the saws listed when there are two different styles of rings and two different bore sizes??? Wow! I'd set up a return, won't cost you anything.
Here is thick and thin in pics. 3700 thin and 3800 thick

They are easy to tell apart.

Also 3700 will be a bare piston and 3800 will be chromed piston.

View attachment 1051877View attachment 1051878
Good photos! I ran into this yesterday after I picked up a nice 3800 with a perfect top end on it. For some reason I thought the 3700 and 3800 had the same top end. 3800 has lower compression than the 3700. More like the low compression numbers on a 3400.

They gave me a refund and I kept the rings. I think the pistons are the same size. Probably why they have them all listed.

They gave me a refund and I kept the rings. I think the pistons are the same size. Probably why they have them all listed.
Nope. Like I said, you have three different size pistons, and two different thickness rings. In theory, there is one set for the 3400, one set for the 3700, one set for the 3800, and one set for the 4000. 4 different sets of rings for the saws they have listed. Someone with knowledge of Poulan part numbers would know if this is correct.

Are those 410’s Homie saws bored to 1.9375” (1-15/16”), or actually metric 49mm? Ring part #93216.

May have to post this question in the homie forum…

Not 100 percent sure. I can't even remember who told me they work. May have been Todd.
Hopefully I'm not in strife for letting the cat run free. Have a check n see what you find

Yup, you let the cat out of the bag as those are just about ‘plug & play’ for the Poulan 4000 rings.

I know the 410 was made here in ‘merica, but that doesn’t guarantee that they were bored imperial size.

Problem is that they (Homie rings) are just as hard to find as the 4000 thin steel piston rings…even Leon at House of Homelite is out of stock.

The OP needs to buy those 3700 rings in the link posted by Chevboy0167, else they’ll be quickly sold.

Back