• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Poulan 7700 wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 16468351081998822918689185944105.jpg
    16468351081998822918689185944105.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 16468351796183061471209140161279.jpg
    16468351796183061471209140161279.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 16468352096716923939947129648892.jpg
    16468352096716923939947129648892.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
I just realized that i haven't said anything about the 7700 that found me.
It was found with several saws in a group buy and i zoomed in on the picture and saw the sticker on the starter. I immediately sent a PM to the owner and said it i would like to buy it if it became available. We came to a good deal for both of us.
When i received the saw i took it apart like I do with most all the saws that I get. The saw had been started a few times with a squirt of fuel. The crank bearings had junk in them and were not turning but turning on the crank which is not a good thing. I put a new crank in with new bearings and seals. Cleaned up the carb and installed a new kit. Everything was cleaned and put back together. Piston and cylinder were good so new rings got installed. Starter had to be gone thru with new spring.
About 6 or so pulls i got the big smile first pop and it became a runner. So happy to have been able to find a 7700 during my 77 birthday year. A few weeks later a 4900 found my door step and I had both 77cc saws. Hope you enjoy your saws.

It was found with several saws in a group buy and i zoomed in on the picture and saw the sticker on the starter. I immediately sent a PM to the owner and said it i would like to buy it if it became available. We came to a good deal for both of us.
When i received the saw i took it apart like I do with most all the saws that I get. The saw had been started a few times with a squirt of fuel. The crank bearings had junk in them and were not turning but turning on the crank which is not a good thing. I put a new crank in with new bearings and seals. Cleaned up the carb and installed a new kit. Everything was cleaned and put back together. Piston and cylinder were good so new rings got installed. Starter had to be gone thru with new spring.
About 6 or so pulls i got the big smile first pop and it became a runner. So happy to have been able to find a 7700 during my 77 birthday year. A few weeks later a 4900 found my door step and I had both 77cc saws. Hope you enjoy your saws.
Thanks Todd, it's always nice to know the rest of the story. Do you have any new pictures of your saw room?

I have removed all the insulation from the ceiling and found more mouse turds than I thought possible. Remember it was a craw space and sorta open to the outside. I had to make a filter fan to keep the air clean. It is a wooden box with a big fan pointing down and 4 furnace filters one on each side. Also had a big mask on my face. Had to lay plastic sheets over everything and use the shop vac to keep everything picked up and clean. I will have to do the same thing for installing the new insulation. Just going to use R13 because it is a heated space now.

Just clicking backnforth on the Acres site between the 4900 and 7700. Are there differences b/n the two?

Not much between the two. Foam covering on the handle is different. 4900 is a ribbed rubber and the 7700 is a soft foam. Air filter is different As is the cylinder cover. The crankshaft is bigger on the clutch end where it screws on from 7/16 to 1/2 for the 7700. Both are 77cc.

Latest posts

Back