Poulan deluxe super 25 fuel cap question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i might start a homesite xl 12 thread, but after spending about 90 minutes cleaning and examining, decided to give the saw a try at starting. i scraped away the black gunk from the clear fuel line, and realized it did not look damaged. it seems to be hard and pre-formed, going deep into the fuel tank. also, looking into the tank with a light, saw brown gunk. i thought it was dried fuel, but think it is a liquid gasket material that seals the side of the fuel tank.

added fuel, and did the usual many pulls for a dry line. fired up! took a few attempts, but was able to fully open the choke, and it idled well. feels torque-y. very happy about that outcome.

Sounds like John? Change your user name?
Yep sir that would be me...I haven’t been on here in a good long time and couldn’t get signed on with the woodchuck thing so the he!! with it I got me a better handle on here now anyways! How you been? Been keeping them straight around here?

Nice...I am really not a sandcast poulan guy...now don’t get me wrong I like them and have owned a few.Just can’t imagine feeding the kids that are now feeding their own kids lol with one. Now a guy like @Modifiedmark now he’s the guy that is up on them and has some beautiful poulans. I’ve even had the honor of running a few of his saws in the past at a few different GTG’s with 2 of them being the Poulan Lovers GTG at @OhioGregg. Both guys are top notch diehard Poulan guys. Either way, nice saw!
I got a "like" out of Mark when I first got this one. I picked it up at a farm auction in PA for $40, no chain. Got it home and it started up. I found an old Stihl dealer, whose father had been an old Homelite dealer. I bought 19 big old saws from him. Next time I saw him I asked if he had any 1/2" chain. He said he had 2 100' rolls of Oregon #10. I asked what he wanted for a roll. He looked at me and said, "you know that stuff is eggstinkt, and egggspinsive"? Then he looked at the saw and cut me a loop for $30. I still haven't put it in wood because I don't want to get that chain dirty.

My bad, I forgot to note the most common "red" ones don't fit..
Modifiedmark:

I stumbled across this link (at the very bottom) about duckbills, including Homelites being different sizes as you mentioned.
This Grasshopper had never stumbled into the larger sizes. It was just a matter of time. Thanks for the heads up about such.
To view the ones that the guy at the forum link (that don't work) where he says are too large that he purchased from fleece bay use item 115139667533 or maybe try this link
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2505460.m570.l1313&_nkw=115139667533&_sacat=0

https://houseofhomelite.proboards.com/thread/11897/duck-bills

Latest posts

Back