poulan pro 335 fuel line routing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abureels4me

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got a nice looking PP335 the other day for $22 with a case. The fuel lines were gone so here is my question. The supply side is easy but does the other line just run back to the tank or is it an impulse line that hooks to the crank case somewhere?

It's a pulse line that runs runs along the kill switch wires though the hole in the plastic behind the carb. The nipple is on the base of the cylinder.

Thanks for the info, so the other hole in the tank would be a vent hole correct? If so will the Stihl method (a piece of fuel line with a set screw in it) work?

Thanks for the info, so the other hole in the tank would be a vent hole correct? If so will the Stihl method (a piece of fuel line with a set screw in it) work?

You will want a double ended nipple with a duckbill on it inside the tank with a short piece of vent line up in the air by the carb and put a small piece of fuel resistant foam in the end of it. Make sure you pull the nipple with the hose up into the larger hole to seal the vent from leaking fuel. Don't use Tygon for the impulse line, use rubber hose from either a 330 or 380 poulan pro or one from an echo.

Another alternative for pulse line is 1/8" hose for windsheild washers. I figger since WW fluid is mostly alcohol, it should stand up to todays fuels. Thick wall, too so it doesn't collapse easy. It works so far.

Curious, Why not use Tygon for the impulse line?

I've put together a few of those saws through the years and in some of them. if you shake it a little, the little copper end for the tank vent line falls out of it.

Back