Poulan S6000 Timing adjustment.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emptywrapper

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My s6000 had the ignition coil go out. I found the capacitor replacement info and completed the repair. I put the ignition plate under the flywheel back in as close as i could to the same position using the marks from the screws on the ignition plate. Saw runs but acts like timing is a little slow. Where can I find information on how to check and adjust the ignition timing on my saw? Thank you all in advance for your time and information.

My s6000 had the ignition coil go out. I found the capacitor replacement info and completed the repair. I put the ignition plate under the flywheel back in as close as i could to the same position using the marks from the screws on the ignition plate. Saw runs but acts like timing is a little slow. Where can I find information on how to check and adjust the ignition timing on my saw? Thank you all in advance for your time and information.
Some timing info in this small Clymer service manual. If you have Poulan questions , ask in the Nik's Poulan thread.
https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/niks-poulan-thread.98495/page-2921

Attachments

• 5500,6000,S6000 sm.pdf
    568.8 KB · Views: 0
I was also thinking that the slow timing could be a problem in the ignition electronics and I may have to start the search for a newer working ignition.

I believe the s6000 is actually a Sachs Dolmar made saw, dressed in Poulan colors.It was based off the SD153 , a manual for that saw would likely have the info on the timing.
Haven't seen a factory 153 service manual. Only a small Clymer service manual very close to the Poulan manual I posted. Maybe someone has one?

Back