Poulan Super 33 Sand Cast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of the light oils like diesel, kerosene, or varsol will penetrate and loosen rusted up chain, so will automotive antifreeze but its costly compared to the others mentioned. Vinegar is an acid, it will remove rust but will leave surfaces pock marked and much darkened.

Finally got the fuel lines and oil lines on the saw. It'll fire off of a little gas in the carb. The issue is it isn't pulling fuel. Any ideas on why? Chain is seized in a spot and no matter what I do it won't break loose. Need some ideas on getting it to break loose. Pictures will be posted soon of current condition

That's a Tillotson HL carburetor, did you replace the gaskets & diaphragms? Are you sure you have them in the correct order? Is the impulse port to the saw (carburetor flange) clear? Do you have a gasket blocking the impulse port between the flange and the carburetor?

Mark

Bought the carb kit and replaced everything and cleaned everything. I got it to run one time today but I had to cut it off because idle was way to high. Didn't have the hands to turn out the idle screw without dropping the saw. The moment I turned it off I haven' t been able to get it to run on it's own fuel. I'll be the first to admit I know general information about carbs and saws so not too sure what the impulse port is. I'm sure I'd know it if it was shown to me.

That's a Tillotson HL carburetor, did you replace the gaskets & diaphragms? Are you sure you have them in the correct order? Is the impulse port to the saw (carburetor flange) clear? Do you have a gasket blocking the impulse port between the flange and the carburetor?

Mark
Yes, I assembled the carb and cleaned it correctly according to the diagram. Maybe I don't have the proper settings for the screws. Can you give me an idea of what the high and low jet should be on?

On the HL I normally start with 1-1/2 turns open on both H and L, particularly on older saws. If they are too rich you can always turn them in a bit to lean the mixture.

Mark
Awesome, I'll give it a try in the morning.

Got it running. It will idle but some times I'll have to throttle it a bit. Need a chain for it so I'ma head down to the local chainsaw shop and have them make me a loop. I will attach a video as soon as possible. The audio cuts out pretty bad. If anyone has tips on improving the run of this saw please let me know. Also a fuel ratio that would work for it as well. Currently running on a 16:1 according to information found on Chainsaw Collectors Corner. Thank you to all the people responding to this thread to help me complete this project!

Latest posts

Back