Poulan Vibe 3400 Pulley

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looking for a Poulan Vibe 3400 Pulley 530069290

• Pulley 530069290

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poulan Vibe 3400

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

robertretired

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking for Poulan vibe 3400 Pulley part 530069290. Does anyone know if a 530069291 will work, it looks similar but it's for weedeater ? I also found a Husquvarna pulley with same 530069290 part number but no pic for it, is that interchangeable?

Any help would be appreciated, been everywhere looking this is my last hope.
20190105_125016.jpg

Thank you

Robert

Todd

Thank you for the reply, the part will fit but unfortunately now the owner does not want to pony up the money.
I may see if he wants to let the saw go and fix it for myself.

I did find out that the Husquvarna pulley with same 530069290 part number won't work.

I appreciate the help !!!!

Robert

Sometimes I just shake my head at people and how they can be so cheap . See if you can get the saw if the rest of it is good. If I can help you in anyway just let me know

If a saw has much wrong with it if I can't buy it from them I want work on it. After buying a few high dollar parts there is very little left for labor. People just don't understand.

Sucks doesn't it, you have the knowledge to fix it but they don't care enough to make it worth your time and energy and yet they have extra money that they could. Makes a guy want to grab by the whatever and hang on .lol. I still like working on the saws

A workaround is to use the later style #530026371 pulleys often being sold on Fleabay for around $20-25.

They’re normally used on the 375/395/4000 model in that series, and some late 3700s.

Todd knows how to cut & reshape the 90 degree bend off the 3400 flywheel dogs to accommodate, or you could borrow a 395/4000 series flywheel #530039113 to copy from.

Makes for a reliable & stronger starter setup, as it uses a steel engagement hub.

5CC481B8-2573-44CA-A99F-293D21FE616F.jpeg

All

Here is an update, after fixing two other older saws for owner he decided to have me buy the part on fleabay and fix it.
The pulley and case was clean and looked solid. I ran new fuel lines, changed out the plug, sharpened it, got her tuned up and running.

Unfortunately after running it for a bit and trying to restart it the pulley slung out a 3/4 chunk out of the teeth so now we are back to square one.
I don't think he wants to shell out any more money, a NOS part or the suggested work around would be better but finding one is another story.

The pulley is the weak link in this saw otherwise it's built like a tank.

I'd like to fix it but at this point i might just sell it locally to recoup the money, a little bummed out right now.

Robert

Well that sucks but you have to remember that all the parts are the same age and maybe it had a crack already. If you could find a flywheel like the picture from a 4000 and the pulley that goes with it you would have a bullet proof saw. They do show up on flebay

I am doing some maintenance on my father in laws saw. He has had this many years, and it has always run fine. Wanted to go through the whole thing again to get it running great. When I took it apart to clean it and replace filter, clean up carb etc, I noticed the teeth on the starter pulley are broken. I think it still pulls to start, but he said last time he couldn't get it running.... I am able to get parts for everything except this starter pulley. Nothing on ebay or amazon.

Any threads showing how to swap out the 3400 pulley and or flywheel with the 4000 setup like you guys mentioned? or other ideas on where to locate new parts?

Go to the “Beg for manuals” sticky thread & ask Mr. Ray Benson for a copy of the factory service manual, it has detailed 3400 pulley & rope replacement instructions.

Be patient & keep watching fleabay, those plastic pulleys come up for sale quite often.

Thanks. I have the manual just need to find the part or try to convert it to the metal version on the 4000 model now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 3400 recoil complete if you still need it, PM me.

Homelite enthusiast in training.

I am doing some maintenance on my father in laws saw. He has had this many years, and it has always run fine. Wanted to go through the whole thing again to get it running great. When I took it apart to clean it and replace filter, clean up carb etc, I noticed the teeth on the starter pulley are broken. I think it still pulls to start, but he said last time he couldn't get it running.... I am able to get parts for everything except this starter pulley. Nothing on ebay or amazon.

Any threads showing how to swap out the 3400 pulley and or flywheel with the 4000 setup like you guys mentioned? or other ideas on where to locate new parts?
Search part number 530069290 & there’s a 3400 series pulley on fleabay for sale now.

I have a buddy that is trying to rehab his Dad's old Poulan 3400. Finding that plastic starter pully is a pain and he wants to switch over to the pulley from the 4000. Is there a detail on how to modify the flywheel on the 3400 to accommodate?

I have a buddy that is trying to rehab his Dad's old Poulan 3400. Finding that plastic starter pully is a pain and he wants to switch over to the pulley from the 4000. Is there a detail on how to modify the flywheel on the 3400 to accommodate?
If you use the pulley from 4000 you need flywheel too.

I think I still have 1 extra whole recoil with pulley for 3400 here I'd sell too. The lone pulley is NLA

There is also a husky pulley that can be made to work. Thinking it was the 272 aftermarket pulleys. But dont recall which flywheel it took to do so.

p4000fssss.jpgp3400pulleys.jpg

If you use the pulley from 4000 you need flywheel too.

I think I still have 1 extra whole recoil with pulley for 3400 here I'd sell too. The lone pulley is NLA

There is also a husky pulley that can be made to work. Thinking it was the 272 aftermarket pulleys. But dont recall which flywheel it took to do so.

View attachment 1019327View attachment 1019328
My buddy really wants to go with the 4000 pulley. So if i get the 4000 flywheel it will need no adjustments? just pull the 3400 flywheel off and install the 4000 flywheel?

Back