Poulan wild thing song

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Sung to the tune of "Wild thing" by the Troggs.

Wild thing
You make my hands wring
You cut everything..... slowly
Wild thing

Wild thing I think I hate you
But I want to know for sure
C'mon, start for me.....I hate you

Wild thing
You go ring ding ding
You leak everything.....slowly
Wild thing

C'mon, stop stalling..... I hate you

Wild thing
My hands are ting-a-ling
You numb everything.....totally

C'mon, start oiling.....I hate you

Wild thing
You puked a piston ring
You stopped doing anything.....totally
Wild thing

Dedicated to the butt of chainsaw jokes.

I had one of these disposable saws years ago, a green one. Wow, it vibrated and rattled. It came used with a safety chain, a dull one. I literally burned through about a 2" sapling in about 3 minutes.

I replaced the bar and chain with a full chisel and it wasn't that bad, if you only used it for 5 minutes at a time. It was light, I could say that.

I told a friend who ran a tree trimming business I came across a great deal on it, and that I only paid $50 for it. He told me I wasted $50.

It literally went into the trash can about a year later. I suffered with it long enough. They are not quality enough to maintain. Not built to work on.

Sung to the tune of "Wild thing" by the Troggs.

Wild thing
You make my hands wring
You cut everything..... slowly
Wild thing

C'mon, start for me.....I hate you

Wild thing
You go ring ding ding
You leak everything.....slowly
Wild thing

C'mon, stop stalling..... I hate you

Wild thing
My hands are ting-a-ling
You numb everything.....totally

C'mon, start oiling.....I hate you

Wild thing
You puked a piston ring
You stopped doing anything.....totally
Wild thing

Dedicated to the butt of chainsaw jokes.
Thays just great! Perfectly describes them...

No antivibe sucks but they perform just fine as long as they run. Have cut a lot of wood over the years with these. A Sears with the 18" bar and antivibe was my "big saw" for many years. I finally do own a real wild thing and it leaks horribly but runs okay. About ready to send all these sears/poulans down the road to a saw buyer and just focus on USING my Echo cs400 which has all the best traits of a Poulan and none of the bad ones and.... uses the Poulan bars and chains!

I love the song. Some of it is true, especially the vibration. I got one back in January for $10 in a case with broken latch. The fuel lines were broken and the fuel cap leaked. I put new lines in it and a new fuel cap and modded the muffler. The little thing runs great and starts everytime. It doesn't leak much bar oil like most of them do. I had intended to sell it but I think I will hang on to it and leave it sitting under the tractor shed just in case I need one quick to cut a limb or two and if anyone asks to borrow a saw, that's what they will get.

I got that one cheap. It needed carb rebuild, fuel lines. Clutch cover was broken and bar studs bent. I bought OEM fuel line, $12 Amazon carb, eBay clutch cover and studs. I had an old 18" craftsman bar and chain I put on it and did a muffler mod. I couldn't believe how easy it started and how well it ran. I miss that little saw.

I had one of these disposable saws years ago, a green one. Wow, it vibrated and rattled. It came used with a safety chain, a dull one. I literally burned through about a 2" sapling in about 3 minutes.

I replaced the bar and chain with a full chisel and it wasn't that bad, if you only used it for 5 minutes at a time. It was light, I could say that.

I told a friend who ran a tree trimming business I came across a great deal on it, and that I only paid $50 for it. He told me I wasted $50.

It literally went into the trash can about a year later. I suffered with it long enough. They are not quality enough to maintain. Not built to work on.
I always thought it was a bad idea to make a chainsaw look like a toy.

That's incredible. But some how it seems like a waste to put all that into a wild thing.
When you have no choice you build what they allow. The class is wild thing build off only. So you got to use them.

Last year was the cheap saw 46cc plastic saws.

There is a clone 660 build off too this year. Has to be all aftermarket and on gas. Next year it will be a different clone.

Then all the other saw classes they race.

sfupdatee.jpg

For some reason the Husky and red versions are considerably better, easier to start and less leaky.
Thats because the Husky and I think the Jred versions are not base on the Wild Thing saws. They are based on the Poulan 2500/2900 saws and those Poulan versions are just as good as the Husky/Jreds, at least powerplant etc.

Back