Powerhead holding fixture

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WidowMaker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
In the not to distance past I saw a powerhead holding fixture that held the saw by the bar studs and allow the power head to be rotated infinitely. Thought I had bookmarked and saved, but i guess not. I have searched to no avail. Does anybody reconize what I'm talking about and have a link to same???

Thanks

Here's the Stihl part numbers. You'll have to find a dealer willing to sell it to you. I would assume that other companies make them too.

standm.jpg

Some one on here did have a home made one they made with a automobile ball joint for the swivel plus a few added parts for the base and the studs to fasten to. Mark made one for his McCulloch saws and showed it in his shop,I think maybe that`s where I saw the other one. I will do a little search.
Pioneerguy600

No luck on finding that post on the holding fixture , the best bet would be to send a PM to heimannm [ Mark ] to see if he can remember the post where he showed his powerhead holding fixture as I think there was others that showed their fixtures around the same time.
Pioneerguy600

Fixture

I remember it as well. I think I saw it on Chainsaw Collectors; Magnus's site. The member that made it, if I remember right had a few Homie 750slaying around. I was drooling of course!! I will look for it myself as post it. Have a blessed day.

Jerry, that would be neat seeing one of your 600s attached to it!

Here is a post from Grande Dawg from Bailey's a few years ago:
http://www.arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=206479&postcount=4

Trever

Last edited:
I remember it as well. I think I saw it on Chainsaw Collectors; Magnus's site. The member that made it, if I remember right had a few Homie 750slaying around. I was drooling of course!! I will look for it myself as post it. Have a blessed day.

Here is a post from Grande Dawg from Bailey's a few years ago:
http://www.arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=206479&postcount=4

Trever

Future picts possible.
Pioneerguy600

No none of the above. As I best recall it loked like 2 or 3 pieces of angle bolted together. Thought I had book marked it so I could make one, but alast I can't find it. I was sure one of you guys would have it... If I do find it I'll post it up. Thanks

I have a sweet one I bought from a tree service guy for 25 bucks who went out of business. Too nice to be a homemade jobber but made by some company.

If you ask nice I'll post a picture of it.

This one`s for Trever; This is a working 610 that I used today to do some noodling. Its mounted on my powerhead holder. Pioneerguy600

IMG_3575.JPG

IMG_3582.JPG

IMG_3576.JPG

IMG_3581.JPG

Good stuf!!!

THANKS JERRY!! I love those old Pioneers, and one of these days I will get one, Lord willing. I like your fixture alot too. That is a design that I wouldn't mind making for myself. I plan on taking some welding classes later on with some of my GI Bill. Thanks again for the great pictures, and have a blessed day.

Trever:chainsawguy:

Pics please!

I have a sweet one I bought from a tree service guy for 25 bucks who went out of business. Too nice to be a homemade jobber but made by some company.

If you ask nice I'll post a picture of it.

I would like to see. Would you post some pics? Thank you and have a blessed day.

Trever

"This one`s for Trever; This is a working 610 that I used today to do some noodling. Its mounted on my powerhead holder. Pioneerguy600"

====

That's pretty slick...Thanks for posting..

Back