Price advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.Borist

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy the attached mulcher, not sure what the exact make and model is, the little information I have is 'Twin Disc, Incorporated, Racine, Wisconsin, 53403, USA', model no somewhere between WS09 - WS12.
About 4 to 5 years old but laid up for most of that time, only 494 hours.
Any suggestions for current value?

Its value is fairly low at this time. You will have to go through just about everything on it. Expect the worst.:( You might have to replace the carb, pull the engine and do a valve job, due to it sitting. Ask yourself, why did it sit in the first place? Did it break down. I wouldnt give them more than 500 bucks to start. You are in control in the sale, that would be a difficult sale. It could work out like a dream and you could make a fortune off it. If it doesnt work out, I dont think I would be too upset. You are going to have a lot of money into it probably in the end. In all honesty it probably is worth more, I think whoever has to fix it, is going to cuss it non stop with all the rusty parts. Let us know if you get it.

I'll let you know how I get on. (By the way the new price was supposed to be around $50,000!)

I bet it was. I would just compare the price of a brand new Chevy truck that you would just park just after getting it for 10 years. Now you have to rebuild just about everything on it. I realize to the person selling its quite a hit on what they actually spent, but it wasnt your fault that they let the value drop so much. I am not trying to detour you from buying it. Just know its probably going to cost a lot to get it running.:D

Back